Chapter 1: The Beauty in Red

Song Qingshi was dead.

After his death, he came to a strange space, where there was a sphere randomly flashing red light.

The sphere said that it was a book-transmigrating system from a higher dimensional world. There was a Xianxia novel called "The Exceptional Furnace", which was about to be plagued by the readers' resentment due to the tragic fate of the protagonist shou, resulting in problems for that world. It needed a soul who was familiar with all sorts of novel tropes, a master of amorous thoughts and feelings, someone who thoroughly understood power and knew change to repair the protagonist shou's mind and body and fulfill the readers' wishes. — Change the fate of the protagonist shou, dote on him, let him live the happiest of lives □□ □□□□□

The system's information passed through intermittently, Within the □□ were all garbled and incomprehensible alien characters.

During his lifetime, Song Qingshi had suffered from Lou Gehrig's Disease and he devoted himself to studying medicine to save himself. He was a medical student who studied and experimented frantically every day and never wasted time reading novels.

In terms of feelings, he was even more clueless. Although he was very good-looking, lovable and obedient, due to his health problem even the school tyrant treated him like a son and showered him with paternal affection, not to mention girls who were overflowing with maternal love. Given everyone's excessive loving care and sympathy for him, not only did he not even have a crush on anyone, he even suffered from a slight fear of talking to strangers.

His was a soul that totally did not conform with the system's requirements.

Song Qingshi didn't know how he was picked by the system. He had read all those books on Marxist philosophy for nothing. But from what he could make out of the system's messy and garbled information, so long as he accepts the mission, the system will send him to the virtual book world and assign him a healthy body, letting him live again.

After Song Qingshi realized this, he was ecstatic. A healthy body was his wildest desire. Not to mention that the system's mission was simply for him to take care of someone. He would have been willing to accept it even if the system had asked him to scale a mountain of swords and plunge into a sea of flames.

For this reason, he ignored his conscience, put together his words and lied for the first time in his life: "I have read tens of thousands of books and they're all imprinted in my memory. I am knowledgeable in medicine and nursing and have taken elective courses in psychology, which will allow me to solve the protagonist shou's physical and mental issues. Moreover...I...I am very experienced in love...I love communicating with others. I can ab-absolutely complete this mission!"

If only souls had blood running in their veins, his face would already be all flushed.

The system didn't notice his guilty conscience and confirmed him as the one in charge of this mission. It sent a series of garbled characters mixed with all kinds of chaotic and disorderly information into Song Qingshi's mind, causing waves of stabbing pain to his soul.

Suddenly, the system issued a sharp alarm. Data transmission was interrupted. Song Qingshi's eyes went black and his soul drifted away to a point of white light...

...

When Song Qingshi woke up, he found himself lying in the woods, surrounded by the faint fragrance of various herbs. He squinted his eyes and looked towards the dazzling blue sky. There was a lone gorgeous golden luan bird dragging its long tail feathers, letting out a clear cry and lightly flying past. It was followed by countless other fantastical birds.

A breeze blew through the forest, shaking the dew from the trees. The dew fell on his fair fingertips, bringing a slightly cool sensation. Then, all the memories of the original body flooded in like a tide, pouring into his mind, trying to merge with his soul. This body was also called Song Qingshi, the master of the Medicine King's Valley, the most talented medical immortal in this world of immortals and a medicine maker. His medical skills can heal the dead and bring bones to life and the spirit pills he refines are treasures that cultivators vie for.