Chapter 32: The Promise of His life

For doctors, the most important thing was to remain calm, especially when faced with a patient in complex, critical and urgent condition.

The Tribulation Clouds have dissipated, countless stars once again filled the entire sky.

Saving him was a race against time. There was no time for him to agonize...

Yue Wuhuan carefully picked up Song Qingshi. He secretly rushed back to Medicine King's Valley.

He first took out the Golden Lily Heart Guard Pill from the treasure house's collection and gave it to Song Qingshi to stabilize his heart and life. Then Song Qingshi was quietly transferred to the secret room he used for closed door cultivation. This closed room was located underground below the bedroom. It was piled with some unfinished ancient books and a small abandoned medicinal spring bath. The medicinal spring has the effect of warming the body.

Song Qingshi used to take a bath here, but later he found the bath to be too small, so he rebuilt a larger bathroom outside his room. He then abandoned this place. Yue Wuhuan accidentally discovered it while helping him clean. Because he hadn't used it for hundreds of years, no one in the Medicine King's Valley knew about this secret room.

The Medicine King Xianzun's injury had implications for the safety of Medicine King's Valley as well as Song Qingshi's life. It must be kept secret.

Yue Wuhuan re-drained the medicinal spring, then took the broken clothes off Song Qingshi. He then slowly placed him in the water.

A large expanse of his thin and frail body was covered with burns. Printed against the snow-white skin, it was shocking and terrifying. His left limbs were almost scorched by the lightning. His inner meridians were split. You could just imagine how painful it must have been during that moment when he was injured...

But, he escaped by the skin of his teeth. He never hesitated...

Before he fell into a coma, he even used all his remaining spiritual power to lock the Underworld Ghost Fire in his body, preventing the poisonous fire from spreading and burning the person beside him. Because of this, he could not automatically repair his limbs like other Nascent Soul cultivators.

Yue Wuhuan finished investigating with his mental probe. He looked at the person in the pool, his heart became even sadder. He tried to recall what he had learned in the past, tried his best to keep calm. He tried putting Spirit Rejuvenating Powder and Bone Regrowth Potion in the water, trying his best to stabilize his vitals and secure him from the verge of death...

Fortunately, he studied very earnestly and the medicine began to work.

Song Qingshi's vital signs began to stabilize. But his Life Artifact had been damaged, his Nascent Soul has been injured and there was no way to wake him up from his coma.

Yue Wuhuan has completed everything and now, he can finally be sad.

He looked at the person floating in the water and for some reason, he suddenly remembered the terrible rumors he had heard about the Medicine King Xianzun; like how the extremely powerful double flame lotuses could burn the entire mountain top, slaughtering an entire sect and wiping them out; like how he can turn any cultivator who displeased him into ashes. But the person in front of him was kind-hearted and gentle, the best in the world. But he was implicated by his fate, suffering Heaven's punishment, turning him into a porcelain doll full of cracks, so fragile that he could shatter with a touch.

He loathed this filthy world more and more. He hated the injustice of Heaven and hated his powerlessness even more. His heart was bitter and every inch of his body felt pained.