Chapter 29: The Old Wooden Box

Xie Que was a swindler whose mouth was filled with lies. None of his words were worth listening to.

Song Qingshi had absolutely no intention of talking with him at all. The black lotus bloomed in his palm once again and four fragments of poisonous fire encircled Xie Que's hands and feet, corroding his flesh and bones. Xie Que quickly tore off the jade pendant hanging around his neck. A golden defensive array was deployed underneath him and most of the offensive was blocked. The jade pendant was dyed black and then turned into ash. The power of the remaining poisonous fire was undiminished and numerous black spots of corrosion appeared on his legs, slowly spreading and expanding.

Xie Que's aptitude as a cultivator was mediocre but he has been trading slaves for many years and he has still managed to obtain a few magical weapons.

He slumped on the ground. Using his hands, he moved ever backwards. His whole body trembled and he continuously begged, "My Lord, please spare me. I- everything I have will be given to you... If the Lord likes Wuhuan... ...Then, then this child named Ming Hong looks very similar to Wuhuan when he was a child. You, you can take him back and raise him..."

Ming Hong was stunned, not understanding what this meant.

Xie Que saw Song Qingshi's thoughts. While slowly moving backwards, he enticed, "Wuhuan also dressed like this when he was this age...He looked obedient but was actually very naughty. My Lord, take a closer look at Ming Hong's face. Except for the eyes, they look very similar...Does the Lord wish to know what happened to Wuhuan in the past?"

Under the erosion of his poisonous fire, his spiritual power became weaker and weaker.

The weak girl who was secretly hiding to his side, finally broke away from the restraints in her body. She leapt forward and tore off the scroll that was hanging behind Xie Que. Beneath the scroll was an ingenious teleportation rune array; a last resort Xie Que had set up in advance.

Xie Que was so angry that he spit out a mouthful of blood. He roared, "Traitorous disciple!"

Song Qingshi also understood. Xie Que had kept mentioning Yue Wuhuan, because he wanted to divert his attention and take the opportunity to escape.

Surrounded as he was by the Underworld Ghost Fire, Xie Que's escape would have resulted in his death, regardless. But it would have ruined his plan.

Death was by no means the most terrifying thing in the immortal realm.

The black lotus in Song Qingshi's hand reopened, completely incinerating Xie Que's hands and feet, incapacitating him. He then reached out his with his mental probe, invading Xie Que's sea of ​​consciousness, directly searching for the Acacia Seal's secret word. Although the sea of ​​consciousness was vast and his cultivation level could only allow him to find out what happened within the past few years, Xie Que has always been a slave trader and often did the branding. Sing Qingshi needed only to find the entire process of the branding of the latest slave.

An image soon appeared in the sea of ​​consciousness.

The young girl overheard that she was being sold off. She wanted to escape but was caught by the spirit dog and locked in an array. With tears in her eyes, she allowed the devil to draw the lavish pattern of the Acacia Seal on her back stroke by stroke. She kept crying but she didn't receive any mercy. Finally, she was branded with the secret word, the word "Xie Que" modified from ancient runes. Xie Que smiled and looked at her tears, as though looking at livestock now ready for slaughter.

After Song Qingshi found the answer. He withdrew his mental probe and destroyed this disgusting sea of ​​consciousness. He then drew out Xie Que's soul and put it into a container he had prepared earlier.