Chapter 26

The Gu that An Long took out was called the "Emotion Locking Gu".

This breed that Song Qing had never even heard of before was one of An Long's hidden Gu's.

The Emotion Locking Gu was a treatment-type Gu. It looked like a miniature silkworm. It was white, soft, without mouthparts or sharp claws. It didn't have any kind of attack power. It looked quite cute. It relied on absorbing human desires and emotions to live. Similar to a valve, the user can control the emotional threshold at will, letting it absorb the excess, keeping the emotions in a stable range.

It provided a better degree of control than drugs. It was much better than the Medicine King's Valley's sedative regimen.

An Long swore upon his ancestors that there was no harm in using the Emotion Locking Gu. The Emotion Locking Gu was an inert Gu and won't accept any instructions aside absorbing the emotions from its host. He couldn't control this Gu to do anything bad.

Song Qingshi tried it and found that it was as he had said. The Emotion Locking Gu was actually a Gu developed for psychotherapy. In his heart, he was quite surprised because the design of this Gu was completely inconsistent with An Long's style. An Long's interest lay in slaughter-type Gu. The more brutal the better. Though they were accompanied by some auxiliary Gu's, Gu's that were used for investigation, for interrogation by torture or control-type Gu's were given first priority. For treatment, he relied on body-refining skills, poison skills and the ready-made healing Gu's from the Myriad Gu Sect. He also had the pills specially provided by the Medicine King's Valley and very thick skin. There was no need for him to specially develop this kind of Gu.

And yet, the design of the Emotion Locking Gu was very complicated and it was extremely difficult to cultivate. It was obviously the handiwork of this once in a lifetime genius of the Myriad Gu Sect.

What did An Long mean by developing this Gu that he had absolutely no use for?

Song Qingshi directly raised this question.

An Long looked at him for a while, then smiled. "In order to be your friend."

The original body had persistently tolerated An Long's propensity to cause trouble and tear his house apart. He had been willing to be good friends with him because he was very insightful when it came to medicine. He knew a lot of devious ways to use poisons and was a genius in the Way of Gu. The original body had also cleaned up many messes for him, treated many of his injuries and researched many drugs for cultivating Gu's, so... this was probably a gift?

Song Qingshi's suspicion instantly dissipated.

He went to find Yue Wuhuan with the Emotion Locking Gu.

Yue Wuhuan has already woken up from the effect of the sedative. Loops of gauze was tied around his face. The wound wasn't a big problem despite having made it quite deep when he gouged the mole out. The wood-type spiritual root was extremely strong in terms of recovery ability. He has suffered countless injuries but no scars have ever remained on his body. Even the serious injury he had gotten from being bitten by the demon tiger, after a few months, left no trace at all.

This was his fortune and also the source of his misfortune.

When he said these words, not only was he unable to face Song Qingshi, his hands also trembled from time to time, as though he was holding back some great pain.

Song Qingshi's senior sister had once said, 'A man's mouth is a deceitful mouth'.

Song Qingshi resolutely didn't believe him... It would be better to believe in the Emotion Locking Gu.