Chapter 3: Born Without Tears

The red-dressed beauty lightly opened his vermilion lips and blew into the jade flute. The sound of the flute was full of lingering affection, softly touching at hearts, as though inviting all the listeners to enter the red curtain and share in the beautiful scenery.

Song Qingshi's mother was an internationally renowned pianist. Under her influence, music has become Song Qingshi's only hobby outside of school. In the last days of Song Qingshi's life, all his body functions had been lost but his consciousness had been exceptionally clear.

His mother invested heavily in installing top-notch audio equipment in his ward to play music nonstop. She also used her connections to ask top musicians in various fields to give him a small concert every day.

Music rescued him from the brink of despair and soothed his heart. During this special time, Song Qingshi became particularly sensitive to the emotions in music. He could hear the gentleness of the performer in the impassioned piano music and he could also find the hidden encouragement in the sad and sorrowful guzheng music...

Now, he actually heard the familiar struggle and despair in the lingering and passionate sound of the flute.

Song Qingshi finally raised his head, staring at the brilliant phoenix in a daze. He could no longer look away.

Jin Feiren found that a beauty had finally caught Song Qingshi's interest and was overjoyed. "Song Xianzun is interested in this slave? His name is Yue Wuhuan, naturally seductive, a rare best quality single wood-type spiritual root. It makes him very resilient to being tossed about in bed. The more you torment him, the more unrestrained he becomes. There is no one who has tried him that hasn't praised him. Would Xianzun like to have a taste?"

Jin Feiren waved his hand and said, "You flatter me. Its with thirty hu of mermaid pearls that he has a good relationship with."

Ling Bao Xianzun laughed, "If money could be used in this world to create friendships, my good friend would have the most friends in the world. Come, come, let me share a toast with my good friend and congratulate him on his wind and moon."

Jin Feiren also laughed. He ordered the young man in his arms to fill a glass of wine and drink with Ling Bao Xianzun.

Ling Bao Xianzun had drunk quite a lot and was already tipsy. He leaned against the table and listened to the flute music. He sighed, "I remember when this beauty first entered your gates. He was unwilling to accompany guests even under the control of the Acacia Seal. It was quite enjoyable to have a taste of that. But now he has become so promiscuous. It has changed to a different special flavor. I can see that your methods are brilliant, my good friend."

Jin Feiren shook his head: "It's a pity that this beauty won't cry no matter how much he is tossed about. He was born without tears and he's a little less of a delight because of it."

Song Qingshi heard a professional problem and couldn't help answering, "Being born without tears may be indicative of a problem with the lacrimal secretion system."

Jin Feiren was momentarily struck dumb. He had every intention of building a friendship with Song Qingshi but he couldn't carry on a conversation about his medical obsessions. He had could only laugh awkwardly and switch the topic, "Don't let this beauty's debauchery fool you. Back then, in the mortal realm, he too was an honorable and high-ranking prince. When he was eight years old, Xie Que discovered that he had excellent aptitude when he was looking for beauties in the mortal world. He showed his supernatural powers and presented the emperor with a pill for prolonging life. He praised his son as having spiritual roots and wanted to accept him as a disciple. The old emperor was so overjoyed that he happily handed his son to the immortal elder. That Xie Que is also very ingenious. He does seriously accept mortals with spiritual roots as disciples and coaxes them to trust him. He then tricks them into voluntarily signing the spiritual contract into slavery. He teaches them superficial cultivation methods and when their appearance reaches its peak, he brands them with the Acacia Seal, keeping them always at their most suitable time for picking. He then sells them off to the brothels to serve on their beds."