Chapter 2: Problem Solving by Elimination

Scholar-Tyrant Song sat in the examination room, his back ramrod straight. He had his head down in embarrassment and his mind was a complete blank.

This question presented at the Banquet of Beauties was more terrifying than Goldbach's conjecture. At least he wouldn't feel so flustered at being quizzed by the professor on Goldbach's conjecture.

The Langgan Terrace of Golden Phoenix Manor was a display of wanton extravagance. There were countless beautiful celestial youths and maidens, dancing in all directions. Guests arrived one after another with beauties in hand. There were impetuous laughter and jumbled obscene language everywhere.

Song Qingshi silently recited his lessons on topics such as the human body structure, physiological hygiene and mouse breeding before finally recovering the calm of a talented medical student. Thinking about the tragic wipe out of the lab mice he had painstakingly bred for three years, he instantly felt nothing of the spectacle before him.

There were two kinds of sacred fires in the original body. One was the Red Lotus Fire for refining pills and the other was the Underworld Ghost Fire for killing people.

Song Qingshi assumed an expression that could drive other people thousands of miles distant. He released the Underworld Ghost Fire onto the palms of his hands, letting the flames continuously jump around his fingertips, changing into all sorts of different shapes.

Fen Shen and He Ti ancestors were the greatest treasures of every sects and they did not easily involve themselves in secular affairs. Nascent Soul cultivators were then all big shots that walked about wantonly in the immortal realm. Moreover, the path of cultivation was dangerous; no one could say for certain that they would not need the help of a god-level doctor to save their life. As a result, neither proper cultivators nor devil cultivators dared to rashly offend the Medicine King Xianzun, let alone pay any mind to his eccentric character.

The cultivators saw the Underworld Ghost Fire. Knowing that he was in a bad mood, they all kept well away. Even the maids and servants did not dare to approach, lest they carelessly provoke the honorable lord and be set ablaze by that murderous fire.

Song Qingshi successfully managed to carve out a large area of peace and quiet around him. He cut off all thoughts the other cultivators might have had of sucking up to him. He then released the powerful mental probe of a Nascent Soul cultivator and quickly enveloped all the beauties at the banquet, looking carefully, trying to find the protagonist shou among them.

However, Yang Yuhuan was plump while Zhao Feiyan was slender; each beautiful woman was beautiful in her own way. Everyone had different standards of beauty. Song Qingshi was the unreliable sort and his eyes were quickly dazzled. He felt that all of them at the Banquet were beautiful. Even the maid who poured water was lithe and graceful. She was more beautiful than the stars on TV. He simply couldn't tell who was a cut above the rest.

But this stubborn scholar will never admit defeat!

Song Qingshi tried to use the elimination method to solve the problem. First, make sure that the protagonist was a man, exclude all the female beauties at the Banquet. Then he must list the key observations, make bold verification and careful assumptions and one by one remove the beauties that do not meet the standards.

The twin brothers brought by the Sect Master of the Blood Demon Sect were extremely beautiful. Tender-bodied, warm and fragrant, passionately devoted, they were just like twin lotus flowers on one stalk.

The protagonist shou suffered a miserable fate. Cross out.

The foreign monk from the northern continent used black iron chains to lead along a handsome man covered in wounds. He staggered along, seeming to follow the monk obediently. But underneath, he exuded an unyielding aura, like an eagle with both wings bound but still wanting to break free and fly away.