Chapter 30: Happy Birthday

Early in the morning, the messenger bird came back with a ship pulled by a dragon-like beast.

Song Qingshi signed a transportation contract with the Immortal Beast Sect. After confirming that Qing Luan and the children were all aboard the ship, he had the spirit beast ascend upwards to the sky. Looking down at the deserted Yanshan sect, the Red Lotus Fire bloomed once again in his hand, igniting a raging fire and burning this lair of evil.

The speed of the magical ship was slow. It will take about three days to reach the Medicine King's Valley.

Song Qingshi missed Yue Wuhuan. With his heart set on speeding home, he carefully gave Qing Luan a few instructions and went on ahead.

He landed in a few cities along the way and spent a lot of time there. He rushed home but by the time he returned to the Medicine King's Valley, it was already nearing midnight. He estimated the time. He was afraid that it might be too late. He hurried to go look for Yue Wuhuan but then, he saw that Yue Wuhuan had already appeared before him.

Song Qingshi breathed a sigh of relief. "I thought you were already asleep."

Yue Wuhuan smiled and said, "Master said that he was coming back today so I couldn't sleep. I was waiting here for you."

"It's a good thing you haven't slept yet. Come with me." Song Qingshi didn't think much. He hurriedly dragged him onto the spirit beast and they flew into the air.

Yue Wuhuan was a little confused by his actions. He said comfortingly, "Master, the mice are fine and all the village outside is fine too."

Song Qingshi said happily, "I want to take you to somewhere beautiful."

He directed the spirit beast to Xinyi Mountain.

Xinyi Mountain was the highest peak in the Medicine King's Valley. There was usually no one here and it was very secluded. On top of the mountain there was a Du Ruoting. Song Qingshi would occasionally sit lost in thought inside the gazebo. In the spring, he would watch exotic flowers and rare herbs. In the summer, he would watch the cliff-side springs and waterfalls. In autumn, he would watch red leaves cover the sky and in winter, he would watch an expanse of white snow. All these sceneries would be half-concealed in the mist. It was more beauty than one could take in. At night, this was the only place where there was no fog in the Medicine King's Valley. It was the best place to see the star-filled night sky.

He had long wanted to bring Yue Wuhuan to play here, but he was delayed by various things.

The weather was clear tonight and the starlight was just right. This was the best setting for a celebration.

Yue Wuhuan hesitantly followed Song Qingshi into the gazebo and sat on the long stone bench. Song Qingshi smiled and sat beside him. The two of them were close together. He felt heartbeat running faster and his thoughts getting all jumbled. As long as he had this person beside him, even the vast and mighty galaxy, even the most picturesque scenery, couldn't enter his eyes.

Song Qingshi snapped his fingers and the lit up the gazebo's lanterns, enveloping the two of them in candlelight. He told him earnestly, "I have three gifts for you."

He finally knew where the two hundred thousand spirit stones had gone. This gift was so expensive that he doesn't know how to react...

"En, close your eyes and relax. It will only hurt a little bit." Song Qingshi asked him to take out the spirit bead. He cheerfully gave him a few instructions and then used his spiritual power to carefully interweave countless spiritual threads onto the Quintessence of All Souls. He formed a rune and then use the Quintessence of All Souls as a medium to direct these runes made of spirit threats to the depths of Yue Wuhuan's spirit, pouncing on the chains that imprisoned his soul, snapping them off one by one.