Chapter 9: The Nie Clan's Poison Scriptures

Yue Wuhuan stood in the library of the Medicine King's Valley, looking at the precious secrets of the immortal arts around him. He felt like he had entered a mountain filled with treasure.

Song Qingshi and the original body were both the type who were unwilling to worry about life's trivial matters. The library was off-limits and there were no valley servants to clean up here. And so, the books and objects in it were all in a mess. Books were found in all directions and only he knew where they were located. After Song Qingshi brought in Yue Wuhuan, he asked him to tidy up a table and then he himself, went in search for the books he needed.

It took a lot of effort for Yue Wuhuan to take his eyes away from the book. He looked at the Luohan bed by the window. In the middle of the Luohan bed, there was a low table with hundreds of books piled on it. There was also some dried up pens and ink and a large pile of Xuan paper filled with crossed out handwriting. Looks like that was where the Master usually read his books and rested.

He walked over and resigned himself to his fate of organizing the books and putting them aside. He suddenly discovered that there was a tattered copy of "The Nie Clan's Poison Scriptures" hidden amongst the books. Yue Wuhuan's breathing stopped for a moment. He realized that Nie referred to the poison master Nie Jue, who killed people like flies and frightened the righteous sects thousands of years ago. This book probably recorded the poison master's poison prescriptions.

Yue Wuhuan quietly glanced at Song Qing, who didn't seem to be paying any attention to what he was doing over at this end. He secretly opened the book and was pleasantly surprised to find that the formula for the Thousand Chance Poison, which Nie Jue used to make a name for himself, was at the very beginning. The Thousand Chance Poison was colorless and tasteless and could kill cultivators below Nascent Soul...

This kind of killing method that didn't require any cultivation was exactly what he had striven to find but couldn't at Golden Phoenix Manor.

Yue Wuhuan flipped through it quickly and forcibly engraved the formula in his head.

Thousand Chance Poison, Soul Devouring Incense, Puppet Pill...

Each poison was a sharp butcher's knife.

The once suppressed killing intent turned into a turbulent tide that stirred his thoughts. Countless vicious ways of using them emerged in his mind.

No one knew that his heart has long been refined in hell into a demon's, looking forward to a mountain of corpses and a sea of ​​blood. It was not himself who he wanted to destroy, but the entire dirty world including himself.

"This book is not suitable for you." Song Qingshi's voice came from behind him.

Yue Wuhuan gently closed the book and put it back onto the pile of books on the table. He then turned around as though nothing had happened. With a submissive expression on his face once again, he said the excuse he had prepared, "It was too old and when I was putting it away, a few pages accidentally escaped from the binding. Please forgive me, Master."

Song Qingshi put down the pile of books in his arms and picked up the poison scripture. He turned a few pages and found that there were indeed traces of the pages falling out.

Yue Wuhuan looked down at the ground, his palms sweating, feeling extremely nervous.

"You have a weak foundation. It's too early for you to be studying this book," Song Qingshi was completely oblivious to his thoughts. He quickly overlooked the matter and dispensed good guidance. "Toxicology and pharmacology are interlinked. You have to start by recognizing drugs. For example, Amakusa seeds and Swallow Orchid seeds are very similar in appearance but very different in toxicity. If they are used incorrectly, there will be problems in its efficacy. So you must first learn the basic pharmacopoeia; learn to identify drugs, familiarize yourself with pharmacology and then learn alchemy. Finally, you will be able to learn this poison scripture."