Ch 43: Mo Yuan's Remnants

The Luminous Dragon spotted the rat in the grass and quickly climbed down from Song Qingshi's waist and slithered into the deep forest. The rat was very quick and nimble. Seeing that the situation wasn't good, it quickly fled. An Long knew that his pet didn't dare to eat any mouse in the Medicine King's Valley. It had been dying from holding back and now that it has been let out to bask in the sun, he was afraid it wouldn't return until it caught the mouse. Better that he go with it to help it catch mice.

Song Qingshi walked into the temple first with Yue Wuhuan. He regretted it as soon as he entered.

The people in the temple were all cultivators from various sects. They all had anxious expressions on their faces and they were all arguing endlessly. They looked as though they were discussing something important. Most of them were disciples of famous sects such as the Five Peak Sect and the Fu Sect; some of them were rogue cultivators and demon cultivators. There were even a few cultivators wearing attire marking them as disciples from Golden Phoenix Manor.

Song Qingshi was absolutely disgusted with Golden Phoenix Manor but he felt that he shouldn't try to avoid them. Otherwise, it would appear as though he were afraid of these beasts. But if he didn't avoid them, he was worried that the Yue Wuhuan would feel uncomfortable. He hesitated for a moment and threw a quiet look at Yue Wuhuan, indicating for him to decide whether to stay or leave.

Yue Wuhuan glanced at the crowd, paused for a moment and said, "Master, something interesting seems to have happened."

Song Qingshi understood. The little angel wanted to stay and watch the excitement.

The Medicine King Xianzun rarely went out. Even if Song Qingshi's reputation was fierce, very few people knew him. Yue Wuhuan was wearing a mask. With only his temperament and the exposed half of his face to go by, although he was beautiful, he wasn't that eye-catching. Moreover, there were many immortal cultivators who hid their appearance for various reasons. His appearance was not unusual.

The cultivators from Golden Phoenix Manor were not very old. Their cultivation bases were low and they seemed like newly-accepted disciples. Based on Yue Wuhuan's expression when looking at them, it seemed that he didn't have any previous hatred with them. The cultivators from the other famous sects weren't any of the elders who Song Qing had seen so there was no need to worry.

Once Song Qingshi clarified the relationship between the cultivators present, he took advantage of everyone being too intent on their discussion to pay any attention, to pretend that he was a bored rogue cultivator passing by and boldly approached to listen in with Yue Wuhuan. What they were conversing about was a water monster that had appeared nearby and Mo Yuan's relics.

Few people knew how Sword Master Mo Yuan had died only that he hadn't left anything behind.

There are many pure water spirit orbs in the water monster's body. These orbs had many uses. It could be refined into Clear Water Powder to nourish water-type spiritual roots.

The damage to Song Qingshi's Nascent Soul had yet to heal and his need for water-type elixirs was great. And so, he was a little tempted. However, it was the prospect of finding Sword Master Mo Yuan's relics that tempted him more. Sword Master Mo Yuan was the role model that Wuhuan yearned for. There may be sword moves, swords or secret manuals included in the relics. If not, then traces of Sword Master Mo Yuan's life can give them insights into the glorious history of how a mortal cultivated to immortality using swordsmanship.

Yue Wuhuan seemed to think the same way. He was very engrossed listening to their discussion.

Suddenly, the cultivators screamed and pulled out their magical instruments one after another. Song Qingshi looked down. It was the Luminous Dragon who had come back after eating and drinking its fill. It slithered through the crowd with a grin, crawling towards Song Qingshi. It wrapped itself around his waist and legs once again, burying its head in the crook of his neck, nuzzling against him. Song Qingshi had no choice but to take this snake who loved to act like a spoiled child, hugging and embracing him at any place and at any time. He warned in a low voice, "Xiao Bai, don't make trouble. There are outsiders here."