Ch 45: Ancient Formation

The next day, the three of them went to the river, ready to go under to hunt for the monster.

An Long whistled and countless Gu's and poisonous snakes filled the riverbank. They set up a defensive formation, aggressively proclaiming this to be territory occupied by the Myriad Gu Sect, prohibiting other sects from picking up leaks or making trouble. It also prevented the people from the nearby village from mistakenly charging in and getting hurt. Several young disciples of the Red Dragon Sect, who were responsible for guarding and explaining to passersby, saw the Gu's and shivered from fright. They hung on together but persisted in staying put.

"Water Repelling Bead, Fishskin Armor, emergency medicine, Moonlight Lamps, Fire Thunderballs and a few stalks of Aerated Grass for emergency..." Song Qingshi carefully checked the list and checked their equipment for everyone. "I'm not missing anything, right?" Many of the secret realms had treasures hidden underwater. So, every cultivator carried with them the basic equipment for going underwater. There was no need to specially purchase anything.

"No, we've got everything." Since Yue Wuhuan had the lowest cultivation base and the Blood King Vine was suitable as bait, he was tasked with leading the water monster to Song Qingshi and An Long who would be nearby, hiding their aura and presence.

Song Qingshi was afraid that he would be nervous and said comfortingly, "Don't worry, it's very simple. I'll be right next to you. I won't let you get even the slightest bit hurt."

An Long finished arranging the Gu formation. When he heard this, he couldn't help ridiculing him, "Just remember not to release the Underworld Fire underwater and put down the monster and us two along with it. The painful lessons from that year... Still remains fresh in my memory."

At that time, the two of them had been adventuring in a secret realm when they encountered a shoal of man-eating demon fish. Song Qingshi immediately released the Underworld Ghost Fire to defend against the enemy but forgot that the poison of the Underworld Ghost Fire would spread in the water. Without discerning friend from foe, both the fishes and An Long suffered serious damage. The severe injuries caused An Long to be bedridden inside the Medicine King's Valley for a full three months...

This was the biggest embarrassment he has ever suffered since he started cultivating and now Yue Wuhuan knew about it too.

Damn Alaskan Malamute!

Song Qing blushed with shame and quickly explained, "I didn't have any experience at that time, but I would never do something like that now."

Yue Wuhuan held back a smile. "I believe Master."

The three of them changed into the Fishskin Armor and carried with them the Water Repelling Bead. After a short swim, they found the underwater cave. There were traces of man-made carvings outside the cave. It felt like some cultivator had transformed a natural underwater cave to be used to hide in or to build a hidden world.

On the rock wall outside the cave, there was a sharp sword mark going several feet deep into the rock wall.

Song Qingshi didn't know much about swordsmanship but even he could see that this sword mark was extraordinary. Yue Wuhuan was even more excited seeing it.

Could it be that this really was a trace left by Sword Master Mo Yuan?

Everyone grew even more expectant. Song Qingshi and An Long hid their auras and waited on either side of the cave. Yue Wuhuan by himself slowly swam near. He studied it for a while then extended several tendrils of the Blood King Vines beside him directly into the darkness. They beat fiercely against the rock wall, looking for the location of the water monster inch by inch.