Ch 41: Tiger Fighting Brothers

The author of "The Three Tiger-Fighting Brothers" was called Xun Fang Zhenren. It was an on-going series, currently on its third volume.

The story went as follows: When a kind-hearted and lovely rune cultivator had ventured out of his home for the first time, he met a reserved and black-bellied sword cultivator and an unrestrained and dissolute demon cultivator in the secret realm. The three men shared weal and woe as they fought and defeated the Nine Lives Demon Tiger. From adversaries who couldn't stand the mere sight of each other, they became good brothers and afterwards, they became heroes travelling around the world.

Xun Fang Zhenren's writing style was excellent. He filled this simple adventure story with one climax after another. In between he mixed in enchanting beauties and precious and exotic animals. It was brimming with manly romance and each character was portrayed to be true to life. This story about how the three forgot their former enmity and turned to being able to drink and chat merrily together was written with overflowing heroic spirit.

Song Qingshi was nestled under his quilt. He held up the luminous bead, ignoring the vine that had tightened around his ankle several times already, urging him to sleep. He simply couldn't stop reading.

He finally understood the joy of reading adventure novels.

In the story, the rune cultivator had been seriously injured by the demon tiger. The sword cultivator, bathed in blood, came to his rescue. He scaled many peaks, faced countless swords, was so oppressed that it broke one's heart...

Song Qingshi was very keyed up as he read when something cold and moist slid beside his feet. He lifted the quilt and found that the Luminous Dragon had crawled over. It was trying to bite off the irksome Blood King Vine, attempting to reclaim its territory.

Its teeth were extremely sharp and it forcibly pulled open several wounds on the Blood King Vine.

"Don't make trouble," Song Qingshi hurriedly separated the snake fangs from the Blood King Vine. It then picked up the Luminous Dragon and scolded it, saying, "This is not a rope. You are not allowed to bite it."

The Luminous Dragon immediately wrapped around his waist. It coiled around a few times then snuggled against his chest, refusing to leave.

"You're a lot heavier than before." Song Qingshi found it both funny and infuriating. "Forget it, I'll allow you to stay tonight." Then he shook his foot and ordered, "Wuhuan, don't wind around so tightly. I'm fine."

The Blood King Vine slowly loosened. It then continued to gently loop around his ankle.

Song Qingshi didn't understand why Yue Wuhuan didn't just settle the Blood King Vine by his bedside and instead, insisted on wrapping around him. However, when he had asked during the light of day, Yue Wuhuan's expression was embarrassed. He looked like he was hesistant to say, repeatedly opening his mouth to speak then stopping mid-way. Sing Qingshi's guess was that during the ten years he was in a coma, Yue Wuhuan had gotten used to staying by his side and taking care of him. Now that they were going about separately, he felt uneasy and so he wanted to use the Blood King Vine to act a little like a spoiled child.

Even if his family's little angel had a bit of a strange hobby, he must also be doted upon.

What's a mere tendril of Blood King Vine? It is absolutely no problem even if he wants to twine seven or eight tendrils!

Song Qingshi patted the Luminous Dragon's head and continued to read the novel. He was very excited. He even got out of bed to grab a notebook and a charcoal pen. He carefully marked the key points and made notes. While taking down notes, he told his impressions to the Luminous Dragon. "The characters in this novel are written so well; very close to life. I think Yue Wuhuan must be the kind and lovely rune cultivator. An Long is the unrestrained and dissolute demon cultivator and I am the aloof and black-bellied sword cultivator! Everyone started out having conflicting views and are the type to make friends with their fists. Afterwards, they went on adventures and...