Chapter 7: Panic in the medicated bath

Song Qingshi searched the warehouse all night and finally found some old robes made of red ice silk. He tore off the decorative formation on the tops, handed them over to the valley servants and asked them to modify them to look like inner robes overnight. Afterwards, he quietly placed them at the head of Yue Wuhuan's bed along with some new cotton gowns.

The next day, Yue Wuhuan was surprised when he saw the ice silk inner robe.

Song Qingshi was already outside the door, urging him on, "Hurry up, let's go for a new treatment."

"Yes, Master." Yue Wuhuan knew that he had changed masters. He didn't dare to think too much. He put on his clothes and went out in a hurry, feeling much more comfortable in his movements.

Song Qingshi took him through the corridor and went to the alchemy room next door. This was originally a forbidden place in the Medicine King's Valley, a place where the original body used animals and humans to experiment with various medicines. It was also the place that the valley servants were most afraid of entering. Song Qingshi complied with the "Declaration of Helsinki" and rejected any human experiments that violated ethics. Fortunately, when he took over Medicine King's Valley, the original body hadn't left much experimentation materials. He immediately released what he could release and those that needed help being released, he had already released. Afterwards, he converted the room into a treatment room. The remaining specimens and general teachers were placed in other rooms. These were great treasures in the field of medical study. He will study them slowly when he has time later.

Yue Wuhuan walked towards the alchemy room and found that more than one valley servant was casting him sympathetic glances. It made him a little nervous. After entering the alchemy room, he saw Song Qingshi take out a medicine vat big enough to fit a person in. He became all keyed up.

Song Qingshi didn't notice his anxiety. He threw in the various medicinal materials that e'd calculated beforehand into the vat and then poured in water. He controlled the temperature with the alchemical fire within his body and waited for the water in the vat to turn crimson. He then turned around and instructed, "Take off your clothes and get in."

Yue Wuhuan stood still. He looked stiffly at Song Qingshi.

"Don't be afraid," Song Qingshi finally remembered that he had forgotten to explain, "The Prince's Plume Expelling Decoction is a medicated bath. It won't produce any discomfort."

Yue Wuhuan hesitated for a moment. He stretched his hand to his belt and slowly began to untie it.

Song Qingshi turned around, sitting down with his back to him. He didn't peek at him as he got into the bath.

Yue Wuhuan breathed a sigh of relief. He quickly removed his clothes and stepped into the bloodlike medical liquid. The hot liquid medicine penetrated into his skin, causing a slight tingling sensation. However, there was also an indescribable comfort. He took a deep breath. He sighed, completely relaxed and suddenly sank his entire person into the water. He didn't expect that the water would overflow because it was too full. It splashed on Song Qingshi's neck, ears and hair. A pale red flower blossomed on his white robe.

For most Daoists, the robe was a very important thing and any damage will cause heartache.

Yue Wuhuan realized that this wasn't good and got out of the water quietly. Hiding in the vat, he took a peek, worried that he had offended the venerable immortal.

Song Qingshi didn't care about what had happened. He didn't move a single jot and just kept staring blankly at the bluestone floor. After a while, he subtly shook the water drops from his hair.

Yue Wuhuan thought for a while and asked cautiously, "Master, turn around. Shall this slave wipe it for you?"

Song Qingshi lowered his head and stared at the bluestone floor more attentively, "You're bathing. No peeking allowed." In his world view, it was reasonable for doctors to check the patient's physical condition during treatment but if the doctor peeks at the patient while he was taking a bath, it was morally corrupt and shameless.