Chapter 37: The Breaking of the Poisonous Fog Formation

Dirty rats, sterile rats, clean rats...

The breeding room for mice has now expanded to eight rooms and thousands of mice have been bred in strict accordance with the breeding manual. They could now immediately move on to breeding mice with specific pathogens. In the laboratory, there were also several kinds of equipment that he'd mentioned before but had no funds to have custom made. The medicinal materials have been replenished and a lot of the researches that have been discontinued can now be continued.

These blessings came too quickly and suddenly. He'd just fallen asleep and when he woke up, he had everything.

Song Qingshi looked at the white mice cages and felt his heart beating so fast. He pulled at Yue Wuhuan's sleeve, wanting to express his excitement. But the words in his stomach was like a kettle full of dumplings, the more anxious he was, the more he couldn't pour it out. This stupid mouth of his almost brought him to tears. After holding it in for a long time, he finally squeezed out, "You did a very good job. Thank you."

Meeting such a good little angel was truly his blessing of three lifetimes.

Smart and beautiful, kind and lovely, considerate and gentle...

Later, he will write all this down in a small notebook and read it three times a day to remind himself of how lucky he is.

Yue Wuhuan said, "The mice bred extremely fast and I had to control their breeding speed in the later stages. I had taken some of the mice to do some pharmacological experiments. Of course, I still don't fully understand the experimental methods that use these mice so I just tried using them for simple toxicity tests... after the experiment, the mice were all put to death."

He found that using mice to do preliminary poison experiments was very useful. He only needed a fifth of a percent of the full dose. This saved a lot of precious medicinal materials.

Over the years, he has thoroughly read the "Nie Clan's Poison Scriptures" and all the poison-related books. He had also taken a bit of the various poisons in Song Qingshi's collection to conduct research. He had strengthened the toxicity of the Thousand Chance Poison, developed many new highly toxic poisons and came up with many methods of poisoning that are impossible to defend against.

On the Life and Death stage, he had dealt a killing blow with a single needle. Now, no one dared to threaten him lightly.

Yue Wuhuan smiled and glanced at Song Qingshi, who was frantically taking notes on the table. He knew that Song Qingshi was a research fanatic. After entering the laboratory, all thoughts aside from research had been swept from his mind.

Nine fiery red vines stretched out quietly behind him. Two went to clean the mouse cages, two went to feed the white mice, two fetched cakes and spirit-refreshing tea, two went to read books and the last one quietly wrapped around Song Qingshi's ankle. Yue Wuhuan then sat next to him and handled the Medicine King's Valley's various matters.

After Song Qingshi finished his observation diary, he also wrote a guide to breeding mice with specific diseases. It took him a long time before he noticed the vines that were working around the room and on him as well. He stared at his ankle for a long while and couldn't help asking Yue Wuhuan, "They're sentient?"

"No," Yue Wuhuan stopped writing and said with a smile, "Their consciousness is my will. They're like an extension of my limbs. Wherever I go, I can use my mental probe to view the surrounding environment. It's very convenient. I have used it to deal with many things these past years."

Song Qingshi looked at the vines reading the two books then at Yue Wuhuan who was holding the ledger in his hands and was confused. "So, are you doing these things at the same time? You're taking on the role of several people by yourself?"