Author's Notes

Hi! Here is my newest story taking you back to the Hamburg/Early Beatle Days through about 1964-1965 (this is still up in the air as I plot the story out!). While this is mainly a George story, John, Paul, Ringo, Pete, Cynthia and Paul's girlfriend Dot, are major characters because of their closeness during those years.

This tells the story of the romance between George and Kate Monahan, an American girl who, with her mother, moves down the street from the Harrison's when she is 16. Her mother has plotted a course for her future which Kate begins to reject as she becomes more involved with rock 'n roll, George, John, Paul, Pete and eventually Ringo. Kate's mother pushes her to complete her studies in piano and performance to mold her into a concert pianist, forbidding her to be with George, and spending her time listening to rock 'n roll. Kate begins sneaking behind her mother's back to be with George, to go to Hamburg, the Cavern and other places the boys perform. When her parents discover her secret life, they try to shut it down immediately, cutting George and the Beatles from her life and forcing her into a relationship with another man.

What her mother doesn't realize is that George and Kate have a bond that takes them down a sometimes blissful and sometimes devastating road....sometimes together and sometimes apart. Can she defy her parents and the man she's involved with to be with George, her true soulmate? Can they heal from lies and deception to plan a life together in the face of growing Beatlemania?

This is just a "teaser" as I am working on finishing my previous story, "If You Believe". I hope you enjoy it!