Chapter 22

A/N -- Greetings dearest Beatlemaniacs! I hope wherever you are, the temperatures have gotten better! We are much cooler here and it's lovely again

A/N -- Greetings dearest Beatlemaniacs! I hope wherever you are, the temperatures have gotten better! We are much cooler here and it's lovely again. On the other hand, things are heating up as we are coming to the end of the story....like will George and Kate ever see each other again? And who took the damn mail? Enjoy! love, Lara xo

Brian overlooked the entire process as George, Paul, John and Ringo were measured to see if any alternations needed to be made to their tuxes for the Conservatory Gala on Saturday night. It was their first black tie event and Brian had promoted their inclusion into the special night after a discussion with Vladimir. They represented the youth that would keep the Conservatory growing and that had won over Elsner. He didn't know a Beatle from a beetle, but they were young, charming and had the pulse of the teenagers in their pockets. It was good enough for him.

"Boys, Prince Charles is going to be at this event," Brian announced as they were all in various phases of dress. "It's time to learn how to be introduced to royalty and the upper crust."

"Oh, bullocks, Brian," John lamented. "We know how to act. We weren't raised by gorillas in the wilds of Africa."

"Pay attention, John. You need to bow to royalty. You need to let them talk first. Your answers are to be short and to the point. And watch your drinking."

"So we don't shake hands?" Paul asked.

"No. Not unless they extend their hand first."

"And what happens when the inevitable mistake happens?" George wondered sarcastically. "Do we beg for their forgiveness?"

"You're not going to make any mistakes," Brian reminded him.

"And why are we going to this bash?" John inquired.

"Publicity, boys. Good publicity."

"Like we need more publicity?" Ritchey chimed in. "I can't get to my front door because of all the fans parked there."

"Yes, I know," Brian nodded. "I've already heard from your landlady that the whole thing is unacceptable. There are other people living there, you know."