Chapter 34

A/N -- My Dear, Sweet Beatlemaniacs! After a 3 month hiatus, I'm back again! I just never give up, do I? Oh, it was writer's block

A/N -- My Dear, Sweet Beatlemaniacs! After a 3 month hiatus, I'm back again! I just never give up, do I? Oh, it was writer's block....well, really everything block. I couldn't call up an idea if my life depended on it! But I'm back at the keyboard again and I hope you enjoy the continuation of the story of George and Kate! Love, Lara xx

December 15, 1962

George was up, showered, dressed and gone before Kate even fluttered one eyelash. The night before hadn't quite turned out how she planned. George was irritable and angry at the world, which normally she would have let go, but she had put up their very first Christmas tree and trimmed it in gold ornaments with multi-colored tiny snowflake lights. She also chilled some white wine and hoped they could talk about her appointment with the gynecologist.

She could have been talking to the cat when she told George she had discussed birth control with her doctor. At first when her periods stopped, she thought she was pregnant. When she had a heavy 5 day flow with never ending cramps, she went to the doctor. George was sort of on the periphery of her life and she didn't even bother telling him and he never asked. Besides, what was he going to do except worry?

The doctor said she could try a pill with a lower amount of estrogen, but it would probably be better for her body to get back on schedule before jumping to another dosage.

Condoms? Oh, no. That was not going to happen and her periods were too erratic to count days on a calendar. Were they disciplined enough for the pull-out method? No. Absolutely not. Abstinence from intercourse? Oh, Jesus, Kate thought. Even she couldn't stand that.

Their discussion was mostly Kate talking, which wasn't like them at all. Eventually, Kate gave up and George's head fell back on the new sofa as his eyes closed.

"December 15, 1962

Dearest Katie,

I miss you, baby. I'm sorry I was so cross and out of sorts last night. I should have remembered we don't have very much time alone together and enjoyed a glass of wine with you by the Christmas tree. It looks brilliant. You did an incredible job. The entire house is very festive. It was a nice surprise to come home to.