Chapter 29

Hardly any time off!

Dearest Beatle fanciers, here's a little update with all kinds of drama, which we love, do we not? The wedding winds down, Kate getting a taste of Beatlemania, Desiree and Vladimir

Dearest Beatle fanciers, here's a little update with all kinds of drama, which we love, do we not? The wedding winds down, Kate getting a taste of Beatlemania, Desiree and Vladimir....well, who knows? It's freezing here in the high desert of Southern California with rain, which we need desperately. Nothing better than a hot cup of tea, a cat or two in your lap and something to read! Enjoy! Love, Lara xo

They ate a lovely supper and stayed up for a glass of champagne after the clock chimed midnight. Neither one wanted the night to end...it meant back to work and reality. Suddenly, Kate jumped up from her spot in his arms as they sat on the sofa.

"I almost forgot!"

"What?"

"I'll show you. I have to get it though."

She disappeared for a few minutes, returning with a skip in her step and plopped back on the sofa. "This is for you."

"Really?"

"Yes. Just for my husband celebrating our marriage."

"I have something for you too," he remarked, a wide smile on his face. "It's waiting at the new house. You'll see it tomorrow."

"But we don't even have the keys to the new house yet...."

"I know people...who know people...who know other people," he laughed and kissed her on the cheek.

"Okay, Mr. Wheeler-Dealer," she laughed with him. "Now open yours."

He looked at her with a gleam in his eye as he tore the silver wrapping paper off the small box. He opened it and a beautiful gold antique pocket watch sat on blue velvet. George eyes blinked several times. "Kate, it's perfect."

"Look inside."

On the inside of the cover, it read, "10/23/62. G, Love bears all things and never fails. K."

"It was my grandpa's watch. The grandpa I loved so much...Edward's dad. Now it's yours."

George was silently staring at the inscription and just like when he saw her for the first time at the Registry Office, tears welled up in his eyes.