Chapter 28

George's partial note to Pattie

A/N - Dearest Beatle People---I made a gigantic mistake this morning and watched some Beatle special on Reelz, one of the channels in my streaming service. I was just in time to watch the part about George. Now my brain told me to turn the channel before they start discussing his passing but I didn't listen. I watched the whole thing and boo-hooed like a crazy person.  Will I ever learn? No. Of course not. Anyway, to take my mind off my magnificent blunder, I have have updated BAFH. Hope you can sip on some tea or hot chocolate and sit back and relax for a little reading time! Enjoy-- Love, Lara. xo

Kate woke with George wound around her, his arms and legs draped over her body. There was never a time she woke with him not curled around her, his lips usually against the nape of her neck. How he got into this position without waking her, she had no clue. She never felt him covering her with his warm body. She assumed he got used to feeling her against him when they slept in the twin bed at his house. He was either covering her, or she was covering him. There was no choice in the tiny bed. But here they had acres of room and they still slept as though they were in the twin bed. It was okay with her though. She felt protected and safe and cherished.

Kate managed to slip out of his grasp, and he flipped over onto his other side, tucking the pillow against his chest. Quietly she headed to the bathroom, showered quickly and put on a beautiful, deep red, silk negligee, the V-neckline scooped down her torso. Brushing out her long hair, she piled it loosely on her crown and brushed her teeth before opening the door.

George stood there in mid-knock, his eyes closed, and silently kissed her cheek as he stepped in after her. While he showered, she ordered tea and coffee as they were meeting everyone for brunch in several hours. Kate waited for him, putting on some light make-up to freshen herself and this time placing Estee Lauder behind her ears and between her breasts.

He always smelled like he just exited a shower....like soap and powder. Always. He could play for hours in the hot, humid Cavern, sweating off 10 pounds, and still smell like soap. When she told him, he attributed it to clean living as he lit a cigarette and took a long drink from his bottle of beer. Kate gave him her raised eyebrow as he shrugged.