Chapter 20

A/N -- How's it goin' dear Beatlemaniacs? Well, here's the update

A/N -- How's it goin' dear Beatlemaniacs? Well, here's the update. Kate makes a decision about Vladimir and there definitely is some trouble with the U.K. Mail Service. Hope you are keeping cool in this heat wave...had 105 degrees here today.  I mean it feels like you're on a different planet or something...am I right? Drink lots of water, too. Enjoy the story. Love, Lara xo

December 25, 1961

Christmas Day

Vladimir heard stirrings in the kitchen when the clock only chimed 6 am. He heard her come home the night before and decided to let her be. Some part of him hoped she would come to him in the night, and although she didn't, his door had been closed by her at some point because he always left it open a foot or so.

He knew in his soul he was going to lose her. She and George were two people bound together by a mystical force that would not be denied. Closing his eyes, he recalled the kiss they shared and hoped for the time that would belong to them, they would kiss again. It was his nature to jump all in, love completely, but he needed to be careful with Kate if he could. He needed to keep a piece of him away from her, or she could consume him completely, one day leaving him a broken man.

Vladimir walked into his shower and then back into the bedroom to dress. There was a quick knock as Kate greeted "Happy Christmas" and opened his door to face him completely naked. He gave a cheeky smile while Kate gasped and began apologizing.

It was hard to look away from his perfect body, muscular, perfectly proportioned, and lean, his chest, broad and strong. Her eyes shot to his penis and he smiled, every single part of him had been kissed by the gods.

"Sorry," she said meekly and backed out of his room, closing the door. Leaning her forehead against the wall, she willed herself to erase the last 30 seconds but it was useless. No one could forget that body. No one. "Holy fuck," she murmured, turning on her heels and heading back to the kitchen with his cup of coffee she carried.

It only took minutes for him to appear barefoot, dressed in jeans and a white t-shirt, his wavy hair still wet and curling in every direction. Kate kept her head down, staring into the turkey dressing she stirred. "I'm so sorry," she mumbled, not looking up. "Your coffee is there." She pointed toward the end of the counter.