Chapter 23

A/N -- Happy weekend, dearest Beatlemaniacs! You might be wondering why these updates are coming fast and furious! The reasons are:  1

A/N -- Happy weekend, dearest Beatlemaniacs! You might be wondering why these updates are coming fast and furious! The reasons are:  1. I did a lot of writing during the heat wave; 2. we are nearing the end of Kate and George's story; 3. I'm avoiding cleaning my apartment again. So buckle up...! Enjoy, Lara xo

Kate started to cry as Vlad held her hand and drove her to the apartment.

"What is it?" he asked, squeezing her hand. "What happened? Some man who said he was George's manager told me you left with George and would call me in the morning. I almost expected to never hear from you again."

"I wouldn't do that, Vlad. I just wouldn't. You're too important to me."

"Did you talk? Did you sort out your feelings?"

"We tried. But things didn't go so well. Between his caveman jealousy and my Irish temper, well, we didn't get very far."

"Kate, did you ever consider that just maybe the past needs to stay in the past? I am not saying I am the answer, but perhaps you need to consider making friends with the past and letting it go. Then again," he smiled at her. "Maybe I am the answer."

Kate finally laughed. "Vlad, I know I love George very much. I'm pretty sure we belong together. But things don't always turn out the way you think they should."

"I understand, Kate. I do. I will concede. But I can't stand by and let him hurt you. I love you too much and it simply is not in my nature. For now, though, let's go home and you get some rest. I imagine you will be sleeping in your private room again. I will miss you not sleeping next to me...but I also knew this day would come. I am not as prepared as I should be."

"I'm sorry, Vlad. I'm so sorry."

"Do not be sorry. I am not. I savored every second we were together. I did not let any moment escape for I knew it did not get any better than what we had."

Kate nodded. "I know. I loved every minute we were together."

..........................................