Chapter 33

A/N -- Hi sweet, dear Beatle people! Finally got around to updating

A/N -- Hi sweet, dear Beatle people! Finally got around to updating. I don't know where the time goes. At least it stopped snowing in sunny Southern California. Yeah. It was a nightmare. People just didn't know what to do! I am from Illinois and this little snow was like nothing to me. I needed winds howling and piles of snow reaching 12-13 feet. But, yes. The update, right? Beatlemania starts to come between George and Kate...and Desiree and Vladimir contemplate life without each other. D.R.A.M.A. !! Sit down, relax and above all, enjoy! love, Lara xo

December 2, 1962

Between recording, rehearsing and almost 2 performances every night, Kate and George were reduced to sending letters back and forth. They slept in the same bed, Kate always waking with George wound around her in one form or another, but their only communication was in the form of letters they left each other and short, periodic phone calls. She struggled to stay afloat and support him however he needed her to, but she felt as though her heart was drying up. She cried more than she ever had and sometimes she could feel the weight of depression cover her like a black cloud.

But for today, Kate rose early, knowing it was one day George could sleep in, not performing until later that evening at the Embassy Cinema in Petersborough. They were to meet at 2pm for a quick run-though rehearsal, then travel to Petersborough. She made him pancakes and would scramble an egg when he was ready for breakfast. She had deliveries coming for the house and hoped it could be done with little noise or fanfare.

As she drank her coffee, she began a letter to him.

"December 2, 1962

My Dearest One,

It was nice watching you sleep for a change this morning! Knowing you could sleep in made it so difficult to get out of bed and leave you there, curled up under the blanket! We have some deliveries coming today for the house, so I needed to get up and moving. I still wish I could have stayed in bed with you.

Looking at the schedule you left me, you don't get a day off until January 7. Maybe we can make some plans for that day. Sleeping in would be nice for a start. You can take it from there! Dinner somewhere later? Or I could cook whatever you feel like having and spend a quiet evening at home? I'm happy with anything as long as we're together!