Chapter 5

Kate at the piano

                               Kate at the piano

                                  John 

                  Vladimir Teresenko

For your viewing enjoyment,  a picture of Vladimir Teresenko.  Yeah, I know. I'm staring at it too. So here's the update and I hope you enjoy it! Love, Lara xo

After being filled to the brim by a big breakfast George's mum insisted she eat, "I know you won't touch a thing the rest of the day...", Kate headed for The Conservatory, arriving by 9:00 am as instructed. Master Elsner met her in the greeting room where about 10 other competitors milled around drinking coffee.

"Just relax for now, my dear," he told her. "Mildred, your assistant for the day, hasn't arrived yet, so just have a seat. I'll be back soon."

Kate nodded, poured herself a cup of coffee and sat down in one of the comfy love seats placed around the room. She pulled out the book she had been reading, "Hawaii" by James Michener, and settled in. Fairly soon, she couldn't concentrate on the book, as good as it was. She wondered what George was doing and wished he was with her. It seemed to her that she always felt better when he was with her...and he promised to come early to see her before she performed.

Her thoughts always came back to George, that goofy grin he'd give her or the left raised eyebrow (never the right), which she found unusual because he was right-handed. She shrugged at her own thinking. Then last night shifted into focus and she smiled remembering him kissing her, holding her, his warm hands across her bare breasts, his hand up her skirt. She had to admit that it was the first time she wasn't in control of her own body. He didn't seem to be bothered by anything as he released without too much fanfare. It appeared to be easier for guys. Sex. Orgasm. She didn't know what that even felt like and it worried her. Maybe she did orgasm. Did she? She didn't know. Maybe it only happened during intercourse...? And that was not in the picture for now. The major problem was she had no one to ask. The only person she would even contemplate asking was her cousin Sherry...and a phone call was too expensive and a letter to easily intercepted. Jesus Christ. Did every woman go through this? Then she came up with another option. A doctor. A woman doctor. And she told herself she would make an appointment at the university's health clinic.