Chapter 24

A/N -- Happy Week to you all, dear Beatlemaniacs! Wedding preparations are going on and this chapter is just a sort of transition

A/N -- Happy Week to you all, dear Beatlemaniacs! Wedding preparations are going on and this chapter is just a sort of transition. Our story is nearing the end...will Vlad break up the wedding? What will ruin their happiness? You know, there's always a problem. Enjoy, Love, Lara xo

Kate carried the box to George's apartment and poured herself a glass of wine. She started reading George's letters to her and setting aside her letters to him in case he ever wanted to read them.

His letters were warm and funny, little doodles and hearts all along the borders, and he never stopped writing her. Kate was the one who said she wasn't going to write anymore, even though she did. He didn't waiver, he kept on writing even in the face of no response. The letters and post cards came from all over Great Britain. It was a perfect travel log of their ascent in popularity. It was apparent they worked like dogs and that George loved her with everything he had.

She began to cry. An entire year lost. Who would do this to them? They never hurt anyone. She wondered why someone wanted to hurt them.

"December 25, 1961

Dear Katie,

It's Christmas and I'm away from home for the first time over a major holiday. I can fucking smell the good food cooking in mum's kitchen. It shocked me how many people were at the club listening to us play but I guess a lot of them were away from home too and only wanted to get jacked up.

It's good we're all in this together. John and Paul are miserable too. We are drinking and smoking way too much today, but it was the only way to get through the night. We played until 1am and nearly dropped dead.

I miss you Katie. I miss you so much. I was so worried when I couldn't find you and you had left the club. I still don't know if or how you got back home.

Please write. Nothing has changed in my heart. I hope you feel the same way. Have you forgiven me for Ingrid? It was a huge mistake and one I won't make again. I give you my promise, Katie. I only love you. And I've loved you since the moment I saw you standing in my front room looking terrified.