Chapter 26

A/N -- Hi dear Beatle peeps! Here's a little update--Kate and George finally tie the knot

A/N -- Hi dear Beatle peeps! Here's a little update--Kate and George finally tie the knot...but you know, there always has to be a problem! As this story is winding down, I'm trying to decide whether to do a Part II (Beatlemania/Touring Days) or start something new. Any thoughts? I am having a great time writing Kate and George....so I'm not sure what to do! Decisions, decisions! And November is around the corner and that means National Novel Writing Month! Ah, this will definitely save me from cleaning my apartment! Enjoy. Love, Lara xo

After Kate showered and applied her Chanel perfume, Desiree worked on Kate's hair, pulling it into a chignon and leaving soft tendrils tumbling down the sides of her face.

"Louise is going to be here by 8 and the car is picking us up at 10," Desiree reminded her. "We are running right on time. Okay. Now, close your eyes and cover your face. I'm going to hair spray the shit out of your hair."

Kate laughed and did as instructed. When she looked in the mirror, she nearly began to cry. "God dam, it looks perfect. Thank you, Des."

"You're welcome. Now make-up. We want light and fresh, do we not?"

"Exactly."

When Kate finally got around to slipping into her dress, Desiree admired the white bustier and garter holding up her sheer hose.

"George is going to have a heart attack when he sees you," Desiree smiled, helping her with the dress. "Then he's going to have a stroke when he takes this dress off."

"God, I hope not. I don't want to be a widow before I'm even a bride," Kate laughed.

There was a knock on the door and Desiree went to answer it. George's mum smiled and greeted her.

"C'mon in and see your new daughter-in-law," Desiree chirped, holding the door for her.

"Thank you. I can't wait!"

"In here, mum," Kate called from the bedroom and rose from her chair to hug her.

"Dear, you look lovely," she said sincerely, hugging her tightly. "I can't wait to see George's face when he finally looks at you. I have your flowers and Harry took George's buttoner to him."