Chapter 4

Hermione spent the first night showing Ginny how to work the muggle appliances, she was truly amazed by the television and they had watched many muggle movies until they both fell asleep on the couch.

The next morning, Ginny decided she wanted to explore the town. Of course, Hermione wasn't going to let her wander around the muggle world by herself and once they were dressed, they made their way to forks, which is where they decided to go before going to La Push the next day.

Hermione decided to wear some high waisted black jeans, a red strapless top, her black leather jacket and some black ankle heeled boots. Her hair sat loosely down to her hips and her face remained without make-up. Ginny wore something similar, her jeans were high waisted but blue and her top was short-sleeved with a muggle rock band on it. She wore her black leather jacket and converse trainers. The only make-up she wore was mascara and lip gloss.

They apparated to the edge of the woods, which wasn't far from town and began their short journey.

"You said there are vampires on this side of town, how will we know?" Ginny questioned quietly, not wanting any muggles to overhear.

"You've seen Vampires before, Gin" Hermione responded, causing Ginny to tense at the reminder.

"Oh, right" She mumbled, making Hermione stop suddenly and face her little sister. She grabbed hold of her hands softly and ran her thumb over her knuckles.

"I know what happened was scary, believe me, I still get nightmares about it. However, despite what happened and how horrible it was, they gave us something that we're able to use as an advantage. Remember what Uncle Moony said, we are the only ones of our kind and in all honesty, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who is the way I am" Ginny tilted her head at Hermione's words, she was right, they did go through a horrible experience but she was glad that she had Hermione by her side through it all.

There are only a hand full of people who know what happened and what they had become afterwards. During the war, many people were getting kidnapped, mostly muggle-borns and half-bloods for torture but Ginny and Hermione did not expect to get kidnapped by vampires, the king, of all people. They spent weeks getting experimented on along with providing the vampires with blood, against their will, of course. The vampire king was thrilled when their experiments worked, what they didn't realise was that they were already shapeshifters of sorts, they completed their animagus transformation a year prior. What shocked them the most is, that they had the same forms and were unlike any they have ever seen. They were both wolves, Hermione had white fur whilst Ginny had red but what shocked them the most was the fact that they were taller than cars and somewhat similar in height to Hagrid.

The vampire experiment had created two tribrids, part wolves, part witches and part vampires. Though they don't crave blood or anything of that nature, however, they do have the strength, the speed and the enhanced senses. All of that, including the wolf senses and magic, had created a weapon that could reflect and destroy anyone and anything that comes for them. Which came in handy during the war.

"Where shall we go first?" Hermione questioned, changing the subject because she knew Ginny was still somewhat traumatised by it all.

"How about some food, I'm starving" Hermione raised her eyebrow in amusement at her friend.

"We just ate"

"You know how much we need to eat, don't act like you don't stuff your face whenever you can" She responded with a huff, causing Hermione to laugh and shrug her shoulders.

"Alright, there should be a cafe close by"

It wasn't long until they found a little cafe which seemed somewhat run-down, though they think that was simply the style of the place. They walked towards the building and noticed a group of teenagers to the side, all laughing and shoving one another. It reminded Hermione and Ginny of their time at Hogwarts and the burrow but decided to push those thoughts away, they decided to leave and those memories shouldn't be followed by sadness, they should be happy.