Chapter 7

It was currently 7 am and after another horrific nightmare, I found myself unable to sleep. So, as I did every morning, I decided to sit on the couch in the family room with a cup of coffee and a good old book to keep me entertained until Ginny woke. I had owled Harry with a list of people who were welcome to visit, I made sure to charm the letter to make sure anyone who wasn't on the list, wouldn't be able to read the letter. I sent a letter to Remus and Sirius, who I know were most likely stressed out about the lack of communication for the last few days. They had always been quite overprotective and it took a lot to convince them that we would be fine away from them and the others.

I glanced at the clock and I blinked in surprise, it was already 9 am and as far as I knew, the workers were arriving in two hours. I placed my book on the coffee table and headed into the kitchen where I washed up my mug and began cooking breakfast for Ginny and me, who I knew would be waking up any moment. Half an hour later, Ginny strolled into the kitchen, rubbing her eyes as she was still half asleep.

"Morning" She mumbled and took a seat at the kitchen island.

"Good morning, here's your coffee," I said softly and handed her a coffee before plating the breakfast.

"Thanks, how long do I have until they come?" She questions as I slide the plate over to her, she sends me a thankful smile before tucking into her pancakes with bacon and maple syrup.

"About an hour and a half, you've got enough time" I responded as I took a seat opposite her, tucking into my breakfast. We spent our time making small talk before I magically washed up the dishes and we both went upstairs to get ready for the day. I decided on some jean shorts and off the shoulder blue jumper, it was rather warm outside, compared to the usual cold that we were used to in Scotland. I tied my hair up into a high ponytail and applied some mascara and lipgloss to my lips before heading back downstairs. What I wasn't expecting, was to find a familiar blonde in our living room.

"Luna?" She immediately jumped from the couch and ran towards me with her arms open, pulling me into a tight embrace. It took me a few moments to snap out of my shock, a large smile appeared on my face and I wrapped my arms around her, squeezing her.

"Hello, Hermione, you have such a beautiful home" Her soft tone warmed my heart. We had gotten close just before the war started and bonded even more afterwards, she was a massive help during the war and had provided comfort when I had been betrayed by Ron.

"Thank you, little moon. What are you doing here?" I asked as I dragged her eagerly towards the couch. She let out a soft giggle, her features are as angelic as they were when I last saw her, even more so because of how much she has matured, physically, mentally and emotionally.

"Well, Harrykins had sent me an owl with your address and... Neville and I broke up" her face fell, causing my heart to clench. Whenever you saw Luna, she would always have a smile on her face and could say anything to lighten the moon in depressing situations. So, to see her so down broke my heart in two.

"I'm so sorry Luna, I know how much you cared about him" I responded softly, grabbing onto her hands and giving them a comforting squeeze. Our attention was drawn to the footsteps that were heard coming down the stairs, the redhead coming into view as she hummed happily. She stopped when she noticed Luna, who still had a sad frown on her face.

"Luna?" Ginny approached immediately and sat on her other side. She looked in my direction with a questionable frown, I shook my head slightly and turned towards Luna, whose eyes were focusing on the coffee table.

"What's wrong?"

"Neville and I broke up?" She whispered, causing Ginny to gasp slightly and wrap an arm around Luna's shoulder, giving her a side hug.