Chapter 38

As a child, Leah had heard all the stories of their tribe and was proud to be a part of it, even if some of it was quite far-fetched in her opinion. As a teenager, she didn't pay much attention to it, especially when she got into a relationship with Sam Uley. When he left her, it was as if all the happiness in her life got sucked away and left her as a sad, angry and bitter person who her parents and younger brother could barely recognise. The worst thing about living on the Rez was that after he reappeared after weeks of being gone, she had to see him walking around looking and acting nothing like the man she fell in love with. One by one people would appear in his group, all looking just as muscular and handsome as he was.

When she first saw him with another woman, she felt her heart break all over again. The unfamiliar woman was breathtaking and it seemed to be a common opinion because Leah has seen the lustful looks the woman received from most men in the Rez, along with her friend with gorgeous red hair. Leah caught a glimpse of other people around the group and it was pretty clear that they weren't from around the Rez, which was confirmed when she overheard them talking and was shocked to hear the British accent. She decided to avoid them at all costs, not wanting to see the life she thought she would have with Sam and him having that with another woman.

She was successful for the most part, only seeing a few people in the group walking around here and there but mostly, they weren't seen all that much. It was during one of those days that she felt an unfamiliar anger shoot through her, she had been feeling worse for wear for a week or so and she had noticed that her temper was even worse than before. Of course, she now realised why she was experiencing such behaviour but she did not expect it to be because she turned into a fucking wolf, let alone be part of her ex-boyfriend's pack and meet her imprint, which was explained to her that it meant she met her soul mate. She didn't want to believe in such things but her feelings couldn't be ignored, especially the intense adoration and love she felt for the stranger, who was by far the most handsome man she had ever laid eyes on.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

The next morning, she woke up feeling extremely confused but comfortable, she had just experienced the best sleep she ever had and she was reluctant to move but knew to get answers, she would have to. She rolled over and buried her face into what she thought was a pillow, however, it was then that she realised that the so-called pillow was moving up and down. She peeled her eyes open slowly and looked up, coming face to face with a familiar man, who looked to be in a deep and peaceful sleep. That's when all the memories of the day before came swarming back, her turning into a wolf, meeting her imprint and being welcomed by Sam and his pack.

"Love, are you okay?" Her body tense and she had to bite her lip to stop herself from moaning at the deep and husky voice of her imprint. To hide her obvious blush, she buried her face deeper into his chest, making the man chuckle which was deep and alluring.

"Still tired?" He questioned as he ran his fingers through her shoulder-length hair. She couldn't find the confidence to answer verbally, so instead, she nodded and took a deep breath, his scent engulfed her which made her wolf purr. He smelt of golden syrup and the sea, which was an odd but comforting combination.

"Hello, Leah. My name is Hermione and I know you must have a lot of questions which we are more than willing to answer but first, it's breakfast time" Leah wanted to dislike the woman but all the bitter feelings and longing she had for Sam and their past relationship had disappeared the second she laid eyes on her imprint, plus Hermione seemed to genuinely care and she felt that her wolf trusted the woman.

"Thank you" Leah whispered sincerely because she was thankful to the woman who had eased her wolf the day before when they were freaking out, though she felt it was her imprints doing more than anything.

"Come on love, I'm sure you're hungry" with a small nod, Leah followed hand in hand with her imprint to the kitchen, where the entire pack sat with a feast in front of them. Her stomach grumbled loudly, making Harrh smile down at her in amusement before he took a seat beside his godfather, allowing Leah to take the seat beside him.

"Dig in," Sam said with a small smile. It had been the first time he had acknowledged her since their break up and it was unnerving how unbothered his presence made her, she could only assume it was due to the imprint bond that she was still confused about. They spent the next hour or so enjoying breakfast and enjoying light conversation, Leah found herself feeling more comfortable as time went on and even allowed herself to converse with the others, despite not being very social for the last few years.

When everyone wandered off to do their own thing, Harry asked Leah to take a walk through the forest to get to know each other. For the first time in a long time, Leah felt butterflies in her stomach and became extremely nervous. There was something about Harry Potter that brought a smile to her face, not the fake type that she placed on her face usually but a genuine one that made her cheeks hurt. Harry told her all about his life and had to on multiple occasions calm her down when she was on the verge of shifting due to her anger.

"Harry, you've been through so much and yet, here I was complaining about a stupid break up" She sighed in shame as she took a seat on a fallen down tree bark. He knelt in front of her and took her hands in his, rubbing her thumb against the back of her hand.

"Sweetheart, a break-up is difficult to deal with and despite what I've gone through, you have still experienced heartbreak and pain and that shouldn't be overlooked or brushed to the side" Leah looked into his eyes and his heart clenched painfully at her watery brown globes.

"A-Are you happy now?" She asked with a tilt of her head, one that reminded him of a small puppy and it brought a soft and loving smile to his face.

"I've never been happier" With this, a bright smile formed on her face and she leapt into his arms, making them fall back onto the grass with laughter. When it died down, they both noticed the position they were in, Leah was straddling his lap with her hands on either side of his head. Her cheeks heated up instantly and a smirk appeared on his face at her shyness.

"You're so beautiful" He whispered as he placed a loose hair behind her ear and she subconsciously leaned into his touch, a purr escaping her chest at her imprint's touch.

"I've never felt like this before" She whispered and blushed when she realised she said it out loud. Harry sat up with her remaining on his lap, wrapping his arms around her waist as he looked deep into her eyes.

"I never thought I'd meet the person I was meant to spend my life with and I'm happy it's you" Without a second thought, she slammed her lips against his and her wolf howled in joy at finally finding her imprint. Their lips moved in sync and when he swiped his tongue against her lips, she opened without a second thought. They fought for dominance but in the end, Harry won and after a few moments, they pulled apart to catch their breath. Leah placed her forehead against his as their chests went up and down against each other.

"Wow" She breathed out, making him chuckle breathlessly before nuzzling into her neck and inhaling her sweet scent.

The spent the rest of the morning together before a painful realisation struck Leah, bringing tears to her eyes.

"What's wrong, love?" Harry asked worryingly as he wiped away a few stray tears from her cheeks.

"My mum is going to disown me as she did with Seth" At this point, she was sobbing into his chest as he held her close. Leah had always been close to her mum and despite her faults, she always knew her mother was there for her. However, she knew that would no longer be the case, she had kicked Seth out of their home the moment she found out about his shift and even though Leah didn't know why at the time, she knew her mother was disgusted by whatever happened. She didn't want to be on the receiving end of her hatred but this is Leah's life now and she wouldn't change it for the world, and if that meant her mother no longer being in their lives then so be it.

"You can stay at the pack house or we can talk to Sam and Hermione and ask if you can live with me, I live alone not too far from the pack house and would love the company" Leah stared wide-eyed at her Imprint, who had quite literally asked her to move into his home without any sign of shyness or hesitation. She wasn't used to being around confident men, Sam had been rather shy when they first met and gradually became more confident but Harry was rather outgoing and open with his feeling.

"I'd like that"