Part 25

Luna's POV

Our time in Diagon Alley was most definitely a day to remember, but I couldn't help the feeling of loneliness as I watched the three couples spending quality time together. Despite what people may think, not having Edward with me regularly was affecting me more than I like to admit. He is always in my thoughts, to the point where I couldn't think of anything else and even though it was pretty clear that being his mate was going to be harder than the others are handling with theirs, he is more than worth it in my eyes.

So, as we left Sam and Hermione to start their date, the rest of us portkeyed straight onto the porch of our home.

"Come on, I'll make some lunch" Sirius announced as he opened the front door, the wolves walked in eagerly along with Harry, Pansy and Remus but I remained frozen. My heart and mind fighting against one another, my heart wanted nothing more than to see Edward but my mind was telling me that I should give him some space, seeing how he was under a lot of stress due to Bella and Victoria's situation.

"Little moon?" My head snapped towards the front door, where Sirius was standing with a concerned frown.

"I- I miss him," I said as I lowered my head, tears threatening to fall as I felt my heart squeeze. This alarmed the dog animagus, who was used to Luna having a bright smile on her face at all times.

"Go and see him. From what I've gathered, the mate bond is strong and your absence has most likely caused him to be a little disorientated" With a little hesitation, I nodded my head and transformed into my animagus, taking off into the woods without a second glance.

Everything was a blur, my main focus was to see my mate and nothing else mattered but being in his arms. As I approached his home, I stopped in my track when I saw his familiar figure leaning against the wooden bannister with a smile on his face. I transformed back and slowly approached, suddenly feeling nervous.

"Luna" His deep but soft voice sent shivers down my spine, I looked up and the adoration in his eyes allowed me to release a breath that I wasn't aware that I was holding.

"Edward" He let out a chuckle when he noticed my large smile, and in one quick motion, he was by my side with a hand on my waist and the other brushing against my cheek.

"I've missed you" He sighed contently and pulled me firmly into his chest, causing me to giggle as I wrap my arms around him.

"I missed you too, love" I responded as I snuggled against him.

"Come" He pulled away and guided me towards his home with a hand on the bottom of my back. As we made it into the kitchen, the Cullens were seen conversing with one another, though it wasn't hard to see and feel the intense air surrounding them.

"Hello" I greeted cheerfully and strayed away from Edwards's hold, skipping towards the family with a large smile. Their faces lit up instantly and were greeted with warm hugs.

"How are you, dear?" Esme asked as she gestured for me to take a seat at the table.

"I'm good, just arrived back from London a few minutes ago"

"Couldn't wait to see Edward, huh" Emmet teased with a smirk, causing me to nod my head in agreement.

"It's hard to be away from your soul bond, especially with my kind" This caused the group to look at me with a curious expression, all remaining silent to allow me to elaborate.

"Soul bonds aren't necessarily common, but they do happen. Hermione and Ginny feel the connection more intensely because of their vampire and wolf sides, I can feel mine because of my magic. My magical core can feel that I have finally found my other half, my life partner. If we were to separate or if Edward rejected the bond, it could cause me agonising pain, the loss of my magic or even death" They all remained silent, their eyes wide and mouths hung open at the seriousness of the bond.