Part 11

It wants long until everyone returned, I made a large lunch and after we were all now sitting in the living room.

"Our second year was a little more traumatic, especially for Ginny who was arriving at Hogwarts for her first year" Everyone looked at Ginny with knowing looks, Paul sat up straight with a concerned expression as Ginny kept her head down.

"Before the school year started, I had gotten a visit by an unexpected guest. We have something called house-elves, they are there to serve families and are bound by magic to be extremely loyal to their masters. Unfortunately, a lot of them are treated poorly and even abused. Anyway, an elf called Dobby had arrived in my bedroom one day, demanding that I don't return to Hogwarts because of something dangerous that will happen. I refused and he had done everything in his power to prevent me from returning, he closed the archway to our platform. Ron and I made the horrible mistake to take Mr Weasley's flying car, we were seen by multiple muggles but luckily, some Aurors, who are magical police, were able to wipe their memories. We had a new defence against the dark arts professor, who had no clue what he was doing"

"The egotistical bastard" I hissed, interrupting Harry who chuckled.

"One day, I was in detention and I heard a voice. It was demanding blood, it wanted to kill but not just anyone, it wanted to kill muggle-born. When I left detention, I ran into Hermione and Ron and that's when I heard it again, but neither of them could hear it. I thought I was going crazy and even in our world, hearing voices isn't a good sign, so I didn't tell anyone. To this day, that's one of my many regrets because one by one, muggle-borns were being petrified"

"Petrified is like a coma, you can't move, talk, eat or drink but you can hear everything around you. You're just frozen" I announced when I noticed the confused looks.

"It sounds like you know how it feels" Sam stated with a frown, I sent him a smile and nodded my head.

"Unfortunately, I was one of the people who got petrified. You see, Harry had a special gift, he was able to communicate with snakes and in our world, parselmouths were known to be related to dark magic and dark witches and wizards"

"Voldemort was known to be a Parslemouth and when it was revealed that Harry was one too. Many rumours were going around declaring that he was either somehow related to Voldemort or the heir to Slytherin house. They all thought that Harry was causing people to be petrified, that was until it happened to me. They all knew how much Harry cared for me and couldn't fathom why he would cause me harm. When I was in the hospital wing, they had found a piece of parchment in my hand, which solved the mystery of what is harming the students. It was a basilisk, a snake with deadly eyes and venom that would kill anyone within minutes"

"At first, We couldn't understand why everyone was being petrified instead of dying, then we figured that all those people saw the reflection of the Basilisk instead of looking directly at it. It turns out, that it was travelling around the castle in the pipes, which meant that wherever the basilisk was residing, would be underground. When all of this was happening, we failed to realise that Ginny was becoming more closed off and pale, she was so frantic and emotional all the time but we thought it was because she was away from her parents for the first time. What we didn't know, was that she was being possessed by a diary that held a piece of Voldemort's younger self's soul" I looked at Ginny with a reassuring smile and a nod, she looked hesitant but took a deep breath and looked at the four wolves, who seemed a lot more pale than usual.

"When we were getting my school books in Diagon Alley, we ran into Draco and his father. You see, Draco was our enemy throughout our years at Hogwarts and our fathers hated each other. Our fathers had gotten into a disagreement and what we didn't realise, was that Draco's father had slipped the cursed diary into my cauldron. I thought it was an ordinary diary, I started writing all my thoughts and feelings into it but what I didn't expect, was for it to write back. I was so lonely, I didn't want to be a burden to my brothers, who all already had friends and their own lives, the diary was somewhat like a friend. As time went on, I began to notice that my days grew shorter and I couldn't remember where I had been at certain times. I would wake up with rooster feathers in my bed and blood on my hands, I was terrified and somehow, I knew it was the diary. So, I threw it in the girl's toilet where a certain ghost resided"