Part 26

It had been a few days since Hermione introduced the pack to the magical world that she grew up in, and also when she and Sam had marked each other officially as mates. After receiving his mark, she felt more connected to him and the pack, it got to the point that she could tell when one of them was feeling an intense emotion, usually rage which was common for those who are the shapeshifters of the Quileute tribe.

For the Cullens, they bonded with Luna even more and due to her close relationship with the other witches, their bond extended to them also. The pack were informed of the situation between the Cullens, Luna and Bella, and to say they weren't happy was a true understatement. Luna may be mated to a vampire but in the eyes of the pack, she was one of them and they were extremely protective of their pack members, especially the women.

Hermione had confided in Sirius and Remus about the new Ink that seemed to appear after being marked. Neither man had heard of anything like it but they all concluded that it had something to do with her Alpha Female label. Remus, being the bookworm that he is, promised that he'll try to find some information in the library.

Hermione sat in the library, reading one of her favourite books. It was peaceful and though she loved her pack, she felt that peace was hard to come by with the house being full. The pack and the Cullen's refer to the house as 'the pack house', which for some reason, warms her heart to know that they all feel comfortable and at home.

"Baby?" a deep voice came from the doorway, making her jump as she was so focused on the words in the book. Her head snapped in his direction and a smile formed on her face as she saw Sam, leaning against the wooden doorway with his arms crossed over his chest, making his muscular arms bulge.

"Yes, Sammy?" she said sweetly, fluttering her eyelashes. A smirk threatened to appear as she saw him stand straighter and his muscles tense. She could see the effect she has on him and the truth be told, she loved it.

"I-uh I was wondering if you wanted to go out for some lunch?" He asked nervously and took a few steps into the room, though still keeping his distance. Hermione tilted her head and slowly raised from her seat, walking toward him like an animal scoping out its prey.

"Why so nervous, my love?" She purred and dragged her nail across his muscular chest as she walked around him. He swallowed the lump in his throat and watched from the corner of his eye as she teased him, her touch causing his skin to tingle and erupt in goosebumps.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about" He denied as he held back a growl due to her hands working his muscles in his shoulders.

"I don't-" Suddenly, rapid footsteps were heard coming towards them. They span around and both were confused and concerned as Paul came into sight.

"Paul? What's wrong?" Hermione asked in concern as she approached him, looking him over to check if he was harmed. Sam watched in amusement as his imprint slipped into Alpha Female mode, fawning over her pack member. Paul, on the other hand, was slightly embarrassed but overall, felt the affection and worry coming from his Alpha, and yet, couldn't find it in him to tell her to stop.

"Hermione, he seems fine" Sam reassured as he placed a hand on her shoulder, causing her actions to stop abruptly. She let out a sigh of relief and took a step back, incidentally into her mates arms which he wrapped around her waist.

"Sorry P, what were you going to say?"

"That red-headed bloodsucker was seen, though it seems he has made a friend"

"A friend? Who?" Sam growled, his hold tightening around Hermione.

"Don't know his name, but we can ask the Cullens and see if they do" Paul suggested, making the couple nod their heads.