Part 28

The next week and a half were busy for everyone who was involved in fighting the newborns. At times, the tension between the pack and the Cullens was too much to handle and resulted in some sort of disagreement, however, Hermione and Luna would end it before it got too messy.

Bella became even more aggravating, it got to the point where everyone had to fight against themselves not to harm her. The majority of them began to contemplate whether or not they should give her to Victoria, thinking their lives would be much more simple without her to bug them. Though they knew it wasn't a real option and that seemed to irritate them even more.

They were all at the pack house that morning, Hermione and Ginny had both woken up early from some nightmares and decided against going back to sleep. They know how much the pack love to eat, add a few wizards and witches into the mix and they might as well cook a whole buffet. Harry, who had left for a few days, had returned with a bottomless bag filled with different types of snacks and meals for vampires, which was greatly appreciated by the Cullens, who were able to sit down with everyone for every meal.

The chatter stopped abruptly as a small gasp left Alice's mouth, gaining everyone's attention. Her eyes were glazed over which signalled that she was experiencing one of her visions.

"They're coming" was the only thing she had to say for everyone to forget about their meals and begin to prepare. Remus immediately left with Teddy, despite the many arguments he had with Hermione, but deep down, he knew he needed to be with Teddy instead. The child had already lost one parent to war, he didn't need to lose another, especially when it was to protect someone no one particularly liked.

Hermione, Ginny, Luna and pansy left to get ready into their combat clothes. They came back a little under half an hour with tight black spandex trousers, dragon hide boots and vests that are unable to be penetrated by their fangs. Their wand holsters were strapped to their arms and goblin-made daggers sat on their thighs. Sirius and Harry descended the stairs in similar clothing, though not as tight.

"Remember everyone, aim to kill" Jasper announced, gaining confident nods from those around him. Hermione gestured her pack forward, who all then stood around her.

"Please, don't get hurt. I won't be able to live if any of you die on me" She begged, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. Truth be told, the pack were still not used to being cared about so intensely by another person, especially a woman they had met not all that long ago. They each had family problems, they either had an abusive mother or one that's no longer around, either from choice or death. Hermione had become that figure in their lives, and though she was still young, they couldn't help but think of her as their angel and saviour.

"We are more worried about you" Jacob responded with a frown, gaining her attention. The looks in her eyes caused his breath to hitch, the familiar look in her eyes was something he hadn't seen since his mother was alive, it was full of love, concern and fear.

"I'm not going anywhere" She reassured with a watery smile, though it didn't reach her eyes. They all knew she couldn't promise a thing such as survival in a situation like this, though they knew she was strong and had a high chance of living through another battle. It warmed their hearts that she was more worried about them than herself, but in some ways, it frustrated them because they knew she would risk her life for theirs in a heartbeat.

"Are you ready?" Rosalie called out, gaining their attention. Hermione nodded her head, wiping the tears away from her cheeks before tightly grabbing Sam's hand.

It wasn't long until they arrived at the opening where Alice and Luna had seen the battle take place. Jacob, much to his dismay, had to stay with Bella in a tent up in the mountains, hoping they don't catch her scent which would most likely be overrun by his wolf smell. The smug look on the girl's face didn't go unnoticed and much to everyone's amusement, Pansy showed her claim on the wolf by slamming her lips against his, leaving him rather flustered.