Chapter 8

Sam's POV

I hadn't expected my life to change so drastically. Truth be told, the thought of soulmates was not something I found appealing, I wasn't one to sleep around but relationships weren't for me either.

That was until I met her. Hermione, a beautiful brunette with large doe brown eyes, a beautiful face and a killer body. The moment I laid eyes on her, I knew all the stories the elders told me were true. I looked into her eyes and my whole existence suddenly made sense. It felt as if gravity moved suddenly. Like it's not the earth that was holding me here anymore, it was her. My whole world revolved around her, her happiness and well being became my number one priority. I would become whatever she wanted me to be, whether that was a friend, a brother, a protector or a lover. I imprinted and I couldn't find myself being angry or caring about what my previous thoughts were.

It was even more of a shock to find that Paul had also imprinted on Ginny. We immediately went to the elders as soon as the girls left, they were extremely happy for us but were rather shocked. According to them, it's highly unlikely that more than one person would imprint in a pack and to find that two of us already did, at the same time, was something that hardly ever happened. The elders were intrigued by the girls and were excited to meet them, though we made it clear that, that wouldn't happen for a while.

It's the next morning and after a long night of border patrols and a restless sleep, my mood wasn't the greatest. All I wanted was for Hermione to be in my arms, I wanted to smell her sweet scent and hear her angelic laugh. I was sitting in my small cabin with a stack of pancakes that were a little too burnt for my liking, Hermione was the only thing on my mind and I had lost concentration. Unfortunately, that resulted in a horrid breakfast and an even more horrid mood.

"What the fuck did you burn?" Paul questioned with a disgusted expression as he strolled into my cabin with Jared following close behind. I let out a frustrated groan and pushed my plate away.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

"Bill called, said we have a job at one of those large houses on the border" Jared responded, causing me to groan once again. I stood from my chair and gestured for them to follow, we jumped into my car and made the short trip to the address that Jared had given me.

The building was beautiful and though it was surrounded by forest, it looked modern and well kept, which made me wonder what they needed to get done. Jared was the first to the door and rang the doorbell, it wasn't long until the door opened and who we found on the other side was shocking.

"Look who it is" My eyes raked over Hermione's figure. Her shorts showed off her long tanned legs and her top hugged her figure perfectly.

"What're you three doing here?" Ginny questioned from beside her. Jared answered and Hermione allowed us inside, the entrance was luxurious but empty. However, our attention was brought to another figure. She had long blonde hair and fair features, she had a welcoming smile on her face. We were introduced to the girl, we now know as Luna Lovegood but what we didn't expect was for her to surround us with intense and curious eyes.

"Interesting," She said softly, I look at Hermione and Ginny who were watching their friend with amused smirks. For such a little woman, she was somewhat intimidating and for an alpha, I wasn't used to such a feeling. We discussed some ideas on what to add to the entrance hall and garden, which is beautiful and spacious.

"How about some lunch, I'm sure you boys are hungry" Our eyes immediately lit up, and we sat on the chairs that surrounded the kitchen island and I watched Hermione's every move as she cooked. We made some small talk until Hermione began to place multiple different selections of foods on the table. My stomach immediately growled and Jared, Paul and I dug right into it.

"Hungry dogs" my head snapped up towards Luna, who was watching us with an abused expression. I looked over at Jared and Paul, who were too busy munching on their food to acknowledge what the blonde-haired girl said.

"This is amazing Hermione, thank you" a large smile graced her face, causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach. Her smile was incredibly beautiful, it brightens up her face and makes her look even more stunning, which I didn't know was even possible.

"You're welcome, Sam" It took everything in me to suppress the growl that wanted desperately to escape. The way my name slipped off her tongue gave me thoughts that weren't innocent in the slightest. All I knew was, that I want to hear her scream my name for the rest of my life.

"So, when do you boys want to start?" Ginny questioned whilst Hermione and Luna began washing the dishes.

"We can start as early as tomorrow if that's alright with you, of course" I responded but my eyes were focused on Hermione. She turned in our direction with a smile.

"That would be great, we will have breakfast ready for you"

"You don't have to-"

"That would be great, thank you" Jared interrupted, causing me to glare in his direction to which he simply shrugged. Hermione let out the cutest giggle, and a smile immediately formed on my face.

We spent a little while longer at their home before we had to start patrol. I didn't want to leave and I knew Paul felt the same, but the thought of returning the next morning gave me all the motivation I needed.

We drove back to my cabin before meeting up with Jacob, who seemed to be in a bad mood.

"What's up with you?" Paul asked.

"Forget about it"

"Is this about Bella?" I questioned with a disapproving tone. His head immediately snapped up with a large frown, his arms folded over his chest.

"It's just... Those fucking bloodsuckers are messing with her mind" He hissed, causing Jared and Paul to groan whilst I raised an eyebrow.

"Enough about that insect lover, guess who we saw today," Jared said with excitement, causing both Paul and I to chuckle. Jacob watched in confusion as Jared bounced on his feet like a child.

"Who?"

"Hermione and Ginny" Paul sang which seemed to pique Jacobs's interest. A soft smile formed on the boy's face, causing me to raise an eyebrow in curiosity.

"How are they?"

"Hermione cooked us some lunch and we are doing some things for her entrance and garden"

"Can I join?" He asked quietly, his head lowered in embarrassment. I looked at Jared and Paul with confusion, Jacob wasn't usually the shy type but it seemed it took a liking to the new girls. I'm not sure whether to be concerned or happy that my brothers had taken a liking to my girl.

"Why?" Paul asked with a frown, Jared slapped him on the arm subtly with a disapproving shake of the head. Paul had always been one to lose control of his anger, he's the overprotective type and to notice that someone wants to spend time with his imprint would cause the protective side to increase.

"I'm not sure, there's something about them that makes me want to be around them. It's kind of like I want to protect them like an older brother would, but wants to be comforted as a son does by a mother. I'm not sure if that makes sense" We remained silent in shock, Jacob had always been closed with his feelings and for him to express them so willingly was heartwarming.

"You're more than welcome to come with us, we could use the extra hands" I responded softly and watched as a large smile appeared on his face. He nodded his head in thanks before we shifted into our Wolves and started the patrol.