Part 34

Luna had offered the large group to stay, and she had added various rooms for them in case they decided to stay for more than one night. Bill made sure to owl his wife, who had then requested a portkey to the pack house because she hadn't had the time to visit the girls until now. Much to Fleur's relief, the wolves and vampires were not affected by her veela allure, and she was found in a deep conversation with Rosalie and Alice about fashion.

The next morning when Hermione work up, she was feeling a horrible aching in her body and had a mind-splitting headache. She found that her wolf was on edge the entire day and without realising it, she was seen standing outside the front door, looking out into the forest. Those who stayed at the pack house grew worried, especially when her eyes had remained amber ever since she woke that morning. Despite being more quiet and secluded, she conversed with everyone normally.

"Don't worry, the cub will be here soon" Luna spoke in her usual dreamy tone, though Hermione, or rather her wolf noticed that the blonde's eyes were glazed over. Normally, this would worry most people, however, being friends with the girl for many years had made her accustomed to such things and knew Luna was currently using her seer ability.

"How long?" Hermione asked as she continued to look out into the forest. She knew what Luna's words meant, there will be another wolf amongst them soon.

"Four hours. He will come and seek his Alphas. He will be scared and confused but you will provide everything he needs" With that, the seer skipped off back into the house. A few moments later, Sam walked up to her, wrapping his arms around his imprint's waist.

"Is what Luna says true?" He whispered in her ear, sending a pleasant chill down her body as she relaxed into his embrace, his scent engulfing her very senses.

"Yes. I can feel it" she was looking forward to the new addition to their pack but was worried about how the cub would take the news of being a shapeshifter. Sam looked over his shoulder and noticed the extended pack walking towards them, all looking curious and somewhat nervous.

"Pup?" Hermione turned towards Sirius, who was looking down at her with a small frown, though it vanished the moment she smiled up at him.

"We have a new addition to the pack arriving in four hours, the cub will be confused and scared but we will all make sure he is comfortable and welcomed. Isn't that right?" Everyone could hear the underlining threat in her words, which received confirmed nods from everyone. Ginny and Harry walked towards her, grabbing her hands in theirs but remaining quiet, all three looked out into the forest, feeling calm and ready for their new member.

As time went on, Hermione could feel her wolf become even more restless, meaning the shapeshifters were experiencing the same and they found the extended members of their pack were doing everything in their power to distract them. However, when the fourth hour hit, they all heard the distant howl that came from the forest. Hermione was already outside with Sam but was soon met by the rest of the extended Pack, thankfully the Cullens had left earlier that morning because their scent would most definitely cause the newly-turned wolf to become agitated.

They all watched with smiles on their faces as a smaller wolf with russet colour fur came running out of the trees, though he stopped abruptly when he noticed six wolves, along with a large black dog and a jaguar standing beside a group of humans outside a large home. He was hesitant at first, but Hermione and Ginny could both hear the conversation going back and forth between Seth clearwater and their pack.

"There's no need to be afraid, my name is Hermione and I'm the female Alpha of this pack. I know you must be confused but you're safe here, why don't you come inside and we can wait until you shift back for your questions" She spoke through their mind link, making the russet wolf snap his head towards her. The pack watched in surprise as the wolf walked towards the group without a second thought, brushing himself against Hermione's leg before walking inside, followed by the rest of the pack in both wolf and human form.