Chp-47

I will try to update the previous chapters as soon as possible. I decided to update the new ones for my readers who have already read the previous chapters.

If you're new and want to read previous chapters and have no patience to wait for me to update first then you can search Mirah Selim on booknet or Inkitt and read the previous chapters there including mature content

Author Pov

Hazel frowned when Cyrus didn't take her back to the mansion but instead drove them to some unknown place. She looked around only to find them in an abandoned barren land. It was built right beside the river.

Cyrus didn't say anything and just opened the door of the car stepping out. He walked on the edge of the land and stared down at the river with a blank gaze. He didn't ask her or ordered her to follow him.

Hazel bit her inner cheek opening the door and stepping out. She walked near him standing beside him. His gaze was fixed on the river while her confused eyes moved between them. From the time they left the church, he had been behaving weirdly.

"You see that." His sudden voice made her frown at him. She followed his gaze only to fall over the water in the river.

"There was a time this place was my only companion. I used to come here before my body started wearing these caged suits." He mumbled making her more confused. But she didn't say anything just listened to him silently. She had nothing to say anyway.

It's been years since I came to this place. He thought but didn't voice out. He didn't want to show how her words affected him. He didn't want her to think that her words has successfully evoked some emotions in him he didn't want to.

This place used to be the only source of peace for him. He used to come here whenever he wanted to let his pain out. The water resting in the river was the only friend he had that never questioned him, mocked him, or called him the things he didn't want to hear.

Peace, this place gives me peace.

He remembered the words she said in church. Just when she called that church her peace he instantly remembered this place. He never thought he would return to this place after so many years.

When Cyrus held the title of the owner of Sylvester's businesses and also a hidden mob boss. He stopped running after peace. He stopped trying to find the hope that slowly vanished from his heart.

Hazel stared at him whose eyes remained fixed on the water. She sighed before walking back to the car but just when she took two steps her wrist got caught by his large palm.

She gasped out when he roughly jerked her in his arms. Her back came crashing against his chest while his arms were protectively wrapped around her shoulders back hugging her tightly.

She gasped in fear taking a step back and pressing her back more against his chest. He chuckled taking a step back but didn't let her go. He only made a little distance between the edge of the land and the river to lower her fear.

He bent his head down placing his chin over her tensed shoulder making her gulp down. A peaceful silence engulfed them as they both didn't share any words. They stayed silent being attached to each other more like him sticking to her like a leech.

Her eyes voluntarily glanced at his hands and again his hands filled with tattoos made her gulp down. His tattooed body always scares her. But then her eyes found something she never had seen before.

The bracelet he always wears has moved a little up from its usual place revealing something astonishing. Scar. There was no tattoo in that particular place and she could easily guess. It was a slit scar.