Chp-73

Author Pov

"I don't understand him. Last night he said he has a trip and now suddenly we have to attend a party." Hazel said tying her hair up in a messy bun. Ana smiled at her through the mirror before grabbing the sandals.

"You should be happy he atleast told you in the morning otherwise the master I used to know orders on right at the time of party." Hazel chuckled at her words as she knew Cyrus Sylvester she used to know was also like this.

But now the man has changed. Maybe not a lot but still she has seen a lot of changes in him. She could see even though he doesn't want to go to the psychiatrist and take medicines but still the therapy was working on him. He even has started controlling his anger more often.

Hazel slipped the sandals on her feet before taking a last glance at the mirror. As usual she was wearing a light make up and simple dress which was reaching her ankles. It was a beautiful black coloured dress. It looked simple yet extremely expensive as the embroidery on it seemed expensive.

She went down stairs finding Cyrus already standing there wearing as expected a black suit. Coat, tie, shirt, pants, and even his shoes were black. This man never wears any colour except brown, black and white. She sighed internally as she noticed his hair falling on one side of his forehead hiding his scar.

The same scar which makes him insecure about his looks. The same scar which that monster left on him so he could be reminded of all the awful words she said to him.

Cyrus finally pulled his attention away from his phone and looked up at her. Sighing out she looked like always beautiful. What a sight for sore eyes. The side of his lips curved up in a hidden smile watching her approaching him.

"Hey." She mumbled making him chuckle.

"No need to be this awkward sweetheart. Just be yourself." She smiled in embarrassment as he again caught her.

"You look beautiful but there is something missing." Hearing his words she looked at her wrist. She was still wearing the bracelet he gave her then what's missing?

Hazel weirdly liked wearing the bracelet he gave her. It was just like her style. Simple and comfortable to wear. That's why she liked wearing it. Cyrus walked near her keeping his soft eyes on her. Raising his hand towards her head he pulled the clip that was keeping her hair tied up.

Her beautiful locks fell over her shoulder and then she realized. He likes seeing her hair down. He always does this whenever she ties her hair up. He smiled caressing her hair settling them over her shoulder.

"Now you look perfect." Hazel couldn't held back the smile that appeared over her lips. He slowly leaned his face closer to hers staring in her eyes.

"I can stare at you whole night but this party is important. So let's go." Saying that he offered her his hand making her place her small ones over it.

They went to the party and the whole ride was in silence. Even Hazel wanted to know whose party they are going but she knew even if he will told her she wouldn't understand it anyway. As the venue started getting closer her hands started getting sweaty with nervousness. All the memories of last party started clouding her mind. The night when that man---

"Relax." She flinched coming out of her trance hearing his deep voice. She turned her head to him finding him already looking at her with serious gaze. Cyrus sensed her nervousness and a slight trembling of her hands. She was obviously scared because of what happened last time.

"Nothing will happen this time. Aaron Parker is already dead. There is no one to even think of eyeing you anymore so don't worry." Hazel gulped turning her body slightly to his direction.