Chp-36

Author Pov

The sound of water rapidly hitting the marble floor filled the empty bathroom. Hazel stood under it squeezed shut her eyes letting more tears damp her cheeks hiding them in the shiny water going through her body.

She was still in the same dress she slept with last night. Sleep? She wouldn't call it to sleep more like a few hours slumber and that be filled with only bad dreams. She woke up many times in the night and each time it was the result of his assault.

As soon as the clock hit 4 am she stayed wide awake on the end staring at the ceiling with her teary bloodshot eyes. There was no sleep near her after that and all she could remember was his abuse.

Luckily he wasn't there. He wasn't near her. The bed was empty but the balcony's door was open and she knew he must be there and she didn't care about it even a bit even though the temperature outside was a bit chilly.

After staying on the bed for more than two hours she stood up with trembling legs and walked inside the bathroom. She didn't discard the clothes and just stood under the shower letting the waterfall over her numb body.

She slowly slid down the floor bursting out in heavy tears. She thought she finally succeeded in freeing herself from his captivity. But alas! She was born with such a messed-up fate.

"God, What's my fault?" She cried out palming her head.

She was tired. Before this escape, she held her strength together and did everything to not lose her mind. She wanted to fight till she will set herself free from him. But now she was sure, she can never be free from him till he himself lets her go.

She was both mentally and physically tired of enduring his torture. Even though she was scared out of her wits after last night but after calming her mind she realized she wasn't only scared, but also tired now.

Drenching her body for almost an hour she finally felt tears drying up from her eyes. It felt like she has no tears left to cry anymore. Standing up on her jelly legs she grabbed the towel wrapping it around her body still not removing her wet body.

"My God! Hazel." She looked up at the source of voice through her hazy gaze finding a familiar face approaching her.

"Sophia," Hazel whispered tiredly making Sophia sigh out.

She gently helped Hazel towards the wardrobe. Sophia had changed Hazel's clothes once before as well so it wasn't a big deal. Hazel felt like her mother was changing her clothes and she silently let Sophia do so.

Covering her weak body with a heavy fluffy sweater and sweatpants she helped Hazel to dry her hair as well. They both shared no words, Sophia silently did her work while sadly glancing at the poor woman and Hazel the whole time stared at the floor with her bloodshot eyes.

After drying her hair, Sophia walked in front of Hazel grabbing her chin and pulling her face up. Hazel's swollen almost closed eyes met Sophia's sad ones who gave her a small sad smile.

"Hazel." She murmured sadly making Hazel blink at her.

Sighing heavily Hazel moved her face forward burying it in Sophia's stomach making the old woman hold the fragile girl in a comforting hug. She caressed Hazel's hair softly kissing the top of it.

"I am so sorry dear." Hazel shook her head wrapping her weak arms around her waist and letting another row of tears trail down her eyes.

Sophia didn't move away from the girl and let her cry in her arms. Only she knew how much she wanted to help Hazel but she is bound by the contract she made with Cyrus and if she even thought about double-crossing him he wouldn't show any mercy.