Chp-39

Author Pov

Cyrus narrowed his eyes going through the file in front of him. The spectacles were dangling over the tip of his nose as he read every word with his full focus. He didn't want to leave even the slightest detail.

Soon his trance got interrupted by hearing the knock on the door of his office. He looked up watching Creed approaching him with his usual blank face. Cyrus leaned his back on the chair intertwining his fingers together and gazing at the man with curious eyes.

"So." He trailed making Creed sigh out.

"Everything is ready as per your orders." Cyrus nodded his head keeping his poker face on the bay.

"I don't understand. This plan. I just don't get it, boss." Cyrus looked up at him with a calm expression.

" What's there to not understand?" Creed shook his head.

"I thought you wanted her to stay with you. Then why?" Cyrus chuckled pulling the spectacles off his eyes and swinging his chair to the side facing the vast window of her office. The cloudy sky resembling his eyes made him sigh out.

"I know what I am doing Creed. And trust me you will be shocked to see the outcome." Creed looked down nodding his head. He already knew how cunning Cyrus is. There is no way this man would plan something and wouldn't succeed in it.

"Now go and prepare for her departure. I will meet you in the mansion." Creed gave a curt nod walking out of the office.

Cyrus stood up from his seat loosening the tie around his neck. His blank eyes gazed at the beautiful cloudy sky before he shoved his hands in the pockets of his pants.

"You asked for it, sweetheart. Don't blame me afterward." He whispered still keeping a poker face on.

From the past month, after he told her about being married and wanting to marry her, he had understood one thing. He wasn't bluffing when he said he wants to marry her. He wanted her to accept him the way he is. But maybe she wouldn't unless he gives her a reason to.

It's been a month since he hasn't touched her more than just tiny kisses or hugs. And it's not like she would let him. After knowing that he's married she has been reminding him of being married now and then. It's not like he care but seeing how guilty she looked he knew after having his way with her he will only make her hate herself more than she hates him.

He had been preparing his plan for the past month and today he was finally done with it. He had heard somewhere. Sometimes to make something yours you need to let it go for once. And that's what he will do.

Winding up his work he returned home sharp at 9 pm walking inside the dining room. There stood Hazel preparing the table for his dinner. He removed his coat throwing it on the couch before walking toward her.

Hazel already knew what he was going to do next. And as expected he grabbed her waist pulling her tightly in his arms. She sighed not reciprocating his actions and Cyrus didn't protest he was used to her not returning any of his gestures.

He stayed hugging her for five straight minutes before pulling away and staring at her face. Tonight something was different in his gaze. He seemed like he was hiding many secrets in his gaze and was trying his best to not let her see through him.

"Come with me." He said clutching her dainty wrist trying to drag her away but she stopped him making him raise his eyebrows.

"Your dinner." She mumbled earning a small chuckle from him.

"Later. Right now come with me." This time she didn't protest and let him drag her.

He walked towards the hallway and soon her eyes fell on the girl standing there beside Creed. Her eyes widened and a loud gasp escaped her lips.