Chp-45

Author Pov

Hazel's eyes flickered in fear when she took his whole frame in check. He looked so damn messed up. The buttons of his shirt were undone leaving only one button tied behind. The strands of his hair were falling over his bloodshot eyes.

He licked his lip gulping down like he was clearing his throat to say something. A sharp strong smell of alcohol entered her nostrils. She scrunched up her nose in disgust. He knew she doesn't like alcohol yet he always reeks of it.

"Why is it still there?" A small frown appeared on her forehead hearing his question. He was staring at her.

Hazel in confusion looked behind her to see what he was saying but nothing. What does he mean by that? She again looked back and gasped out leaning her head back a little finding his face extremely closer to her. She didn't even notice him coming closer to her.

Getting startled she rapidly leaned back and in doing so her hand that was on the bed got slipped because of silk sheets making her drop her back on the mattress. Her eyes widened and before she could collect herself Cyrus's face was already above hers.

Silence engulfed the room as they both gazed into each other's eyes. Hazel with fear and uncertainty while Cyrus with half-opened blank ones. He raised his hand earning a flinch from her she thought he might wanna hurt her but nothing. He gently placed his palm over her cheek staring in her beautiful emerald stones.

"After everything how can it still be there?" He whispered colliding the tip of his nose against hers making her hold her breath back.

"This innocence in your eyes. How can it be still there?" He whispered making her part her lips in confusion.

"Why are you this innocent and pure? Why aren't you like the women of my world? Why can't you be like them?" He once again made her blink her eyes in confusion. Of course, she can't be like them. They are them and she is her. Everyone is different from each other.

"You said I am unfaithful? How?" Her eyes slightly widened in disbelief. She opened her mouth to say something but he instantly placed his finger over her lips shaking his head.

"No. Listen to me." He bent his lower body dropping it over her making her take in a sharp breath.

"This marriage was a contract and there was no clause to be faithful in it. You knew it as well. You signed that paper with open eyes and you knew there will be no relationship between us. The destination was always a divorce then what's there to be faithful? It's a contractual marriage for a reason. I needed to marry you and you needed my help. You married me to take my help. There was no condition from yours or my side to stay faithful. Then how am I unfaithful?"

His every word hit her hard. He wasn't wrong she knew. She knew from the start that this marriage was just an agreement between them. And in the end, her unknown husband will eventually divorce her then why does she expect faithfulness from him?

"You're religious. You think that cheating is a sin. I don't sweetheart." She gulped down when he leaned to her cheek taking a sharp breath to inhale her beautiful scent.

"But if you want to see how faithful I can be then." He paused and wrapped his arm under her body curling it around her tiny waist making her arch her back in surprise pressing her head deeper into the mattress.

"Marry me for real. Without any contract. A real marriage with vows. Be my real wife not a contractual." She instantly turned her face away from him when he pecked her cheek.

And that gesture of hers was enough to make him understand that there was no way she would marry him. The man who tormented her. The man who she considered a monster.