Chp-83

Author Pov

Hazel stared at the beautiful gown laying on her bed as she softly touched its material. Tomorrow is her engagement. Her mother made the preparations and everything seemed like a dream to her. She always wanted to marry like this.

But why is she not happy? Sighing deeply she closed her eyes shaking her head. She shouldn't be having such thoughts now. She said yes to this proposal with her consent she should be happy.

Suddenly she felt something weird behind her and opening her eyes she turned her head to see behind her only for a surprised gasp to escape her lips. Her eyes widened as she swiftly turned around shaking her head in disbelief.

"Missed me?" His familiar deep voice hugged her ears making her breathe out.

"Cyrus." She whispered staring at him in disbelief.

She looked around the room finding the door of her room closed shut even, the window was closed then how? Suddenly she flinched when he wasn't in front of her instead she felt something behind her.

"Thinking about me?" His voice made her gulp down.

She clutched her dress when she sensed his face getting near her ear. "I am here sweetheart. Near you. Always." She heard a faint whisper making her close her eyes.

"Hazel!" She jumped in her place hearing her mother's voice. She turned her body to see Cyrus but instead there was no one. Her mother was standing near the door frowning at her with worried eyes.

"Hazel, what happened? I have been calling you for so long. Why are you standing like this? " She blinked her eyes shaking her head.

" N-Nothing mom. What is it?" Her mother sighed.

"Here. Your shoes and jewelry has arrived as well. Try the shoes and tell me if they are fine." She nodded her head making her mother shoot her a last worried glance.

After Mrs. Astor exited the room Hazel slowly sit up on the edge of the bed staring at the floor with slightly wide eyes. "I was imagining him?" She questioned cupping her cheeks.

"Ughhhh! " She slapped her cheek shaking her head. Ruffling her hair she decided to take a shower so she could relax her mind.

On the other side, Creed gritted his teeth cutting the call. He just came to know about the vicious information that his boss will definitely not like. He knew about Hazel seeing some guy but he didn't know it was this serious.

And it wasn't only Cyrus who will rip that man apart but Creed also wanted to kill him for looking at the woman that belongs to his boss. Creed has made up his mind a long time ago considering only Hazel as his boss's woman and his queen. He can't even imagine her not being with his boss.

He entered Cyrus's office finding him writing something on the paper. It was night time almost midnight. But as expected Cyrus was trying to divert his mind from Hazel by working his ass off. He looked through his glasses nodding at Creed.

"The shipment successfully arrived. And your flight is tomorrow night." Cyrus hummed motioning him with his fingers to get out as he was busy with writing. But Creed didn't want to leave, he wanted to tell him the crucial information he got.

"I have something to tell you, Boss." Cyrus hummed.

"Tomorrow is Mrs. Hazel's engagement."

As soon as the words left his lips Cyrus's fingers halted with a jerk. His eyes stayed stuck on the paper while his breathing slightly accelerated hearing the numbing words from Creed.

Silence engulfed the room. Neither Creed nor Cyrus said anything. Even the sound of his writing on paper stopped. Creed breathed in staring at his boss ready to see him throwing the table away and destroying everything. He was ready to see him running to Hazel and dragging her back but instead.

"I see." Just two words. He let out just two simple words shocking Creed beyond measure.

Cyrus tightened his fingers over the pen and started writing once again making Creed stare at him with a wide open mouth. This wasn't the boss he knew. How can he stay this composed hearing that his woman is going to be someone else's?

"Boss?" He whispered.

"Boss she's going to get engaged. To another man." He said trying to knock some sense in Cyrus but only got ignorance from his boss's side.

"Did you do a background check on him? How's he?" Creed licked his lips. He couldn't even lie to him.

" I did. His background is clean and he has no bad motives as well. He seems sincere with Mrs. Hazel. " Cyrus nodded his head.

"Then there is nothing for me to do." He said continuing writing. Creed shook his head losing his mind. This man can't be Cyrus Sylvester. He just can't.

"Boss. Are you not going to do anything? You're going to let her be with someone else? " Cyrus snapped his eyes up shooting a glare at Creed through his glasses. He slowly removed the glasses placing it on the table.

"If there is nothing more then get out." Creed had to bite his tongue to not say anything further as it was obvious Cyrus wasn't going to do anything.

Creed sighed walking out of the room. "Fuck!" He kicked the wall beside the door cursing under his breath. How much he wants to kidnap Hazel and bring her back to his boss but alas! His boss will dig him alive no matter how much he means to Cyrus but obedience is something he will never compromise on.

Shaking his head he pulled the cigarette pack out throwing the one between his lips. He wanted to lessen his anger and frustration. Smoking the cigarette he walked away from the office not having any idea of what he caused behind.

As soon as the door closed leaving Cyrus alone. His fingers left the pen right away resulting it in falling on the paper limply. He couldn't write properly after what Creed told him. His fingers were trembling continuously. Not only his fingers but his heart was drumming badly against his chest.

He gulped unbuttoning the buttons of his shirt revealing his chest. He stood up from the chair grabbing the glass of water with trembling fingers. Drinking it down his throat he tried to calm his heartbeat but nothing. It just kept on becoming more painful.

Unconsciously his grip over the glass tightened making the glass shatter in his hand. The blood started dripping down his fingers but he felt no pain. The squeezing pain he was feeling against his chest was beyond measure. It hurt so damn bad.

"Fuck!" He cursed slumping down the floor with his back being pressed against the office table. He punched his chest a few times before closing his eyes.

Tomorrow is Mrs. Hazel's engagement.

A pained laugh escaped his lips as he threw his head back against the table. And this time he didn't try holding back the tears that escaped his eyes. Crying mixed with laughter he shook his head.

"Why? Fucking why? Why always me?" He laughed letting out a cracked sob along with it.

Pulling the bloody hand to his face he palmed his forehead finally letting his fake laugh die down replacing it with loud cries. He held his head shaking his head and letting out loud sobs.

"Why can't I get something I want for once? WHY!" Growling he slammed his head against the table a few times letting more tears out of his bloodshot eyes.

The office was soundproof yet the pain in his heart roared reached above the sky. That night it rained for the longest time. But something about it felt gloomy. Nothing about this rain felt peaceful.

And for the first time, Cyrus let the pain in his heart out without trying to hold himself back anymore.

He cried. Cried for what he lost. Cried for his cruel fate.

Cried for someone that was never his.

_____________________________________

Double updates. Know it's a little short but don't worry from the next chapter good things are going to start happening.

The Next will be updated soon. Keep on liking and commenting.

Keep on following me here and on Instagram. It's mirah_selim

Till the next adios