Michelle Jones.

"So, what's the plan, Parker?"

"I will be in the cathedral tower, keeping watch for the fire monster. When that shows up, I will radio you guys, and then Mr. Beck and I will—"

"My name is Mysterio," Quentin intervened amicably.

Peter smiled. "That's when Mysterio and I will move in. Copycat's not going to participate unless things escalate and we need backup."

"A total waste of me," she sighed.

"We'll use you if it comes down to it," Quentin eased her, then he looked at the boy. "Peter, listen to me. The best hope you have, the only hope, is to stop it here now, no matter what the cost. Maneuver it away from civilians if you can, but most important, keep it away from metal. If it gets too big, it'll draw power from the Earth's core. After that, there's no way to stop it."

"I had a friend who could give great speeches," Cat pointed out. "I wonder if it takes practice, cause yours suck."

"Hey guys," Peter spoke before the older man could reply, "my friends are here... And I can't help but think we're putting them in danger—"

"You're worried about us hurting your friends?" Fury raised his voice.

"Sir..." Cat warned him. 

"You, who called a drone strike on your own school tour bus?"

"It was his first time handling Edith, calm down—"

"Stark gave you two multibillion-dollar A.R. tactical intelligence systems," Fury approached them menacingly, "and the first thing you do with it is try and blow up your friends! It's clear to me that you were not ready for this!"

Peter kept his eyes down. Fury walked away and the boy excused himself and walked out of the room. Quentin said he'd take care of it and she seized the moment to take control of the situation.

"That was a bit too much," she scolded her uncle.

"What he did was irresponsible," he replied, "I thought that by bringing Parker to the mix you'd feel pressured to do your best but I was wrong."

She supported one hand on the table and leaned closer so only he could hear her. "Peter wasn't raised to be a level-headed warrior but he's never let anyone die on his watch. You yell at him like that again, and I won't care if Fury hired you, I'll kick you out of the planet myself."

"You're letting your emotions rule your actions. That's human behavior, Co'kat. You're spending too much time with that kid and your mimicking's picking it up—"

"You better be glad about it," she scowled, "it's the only reason I'm not beating you up as a warning."

"Enough." Hill approached with a glare. "Talos, you shouldn't have snapped at the boy like that. Co'kat's right, he fixed his mistake and it was out of line. You—" she added before Cat could look too smug, "don't forget it was thanks to your uncle that you're able to use your abilities."

Fury and Cat looked at each other. 

"You can tell him that I'm sorry if you want," he said, "go back to the hotel, rest a little."

"Peter would never believe Fury had the decency to apologize, but I appreciate it," Cat looked at her watch. "Gotta do something..."

***

MJ walked out of her room at the same time Cat walked past it. They stared at each other in stunned silence until Cat raised a tentative hand.

"Hi."

MJ stared at her hand, and she frowned. Cat used to hate it whenever she'd make that face because it meant MJ was judging her, but after so long without seeing it, it made her feel a strong fondness towards the girl.

"What?"

"I'm ready."

MJ shrugged. "Ready for what?"

"To apologize," Cat grimaced. "You know that I suck at it... but I gotta try. You deserve an apology and I deserve to be yelled at."

MJ crossed her arms. "I'm listening."

"I won't narrate what happened during the blip, it doesn't mean anything to you..." Cat had to take a moment, this was harder than she'd thought it'd be. "I'm sorry I stopped talking to you. I did things thinking I would not see you again, P.J. died and I left school, and I..."

She looked up, forcing herself to face MJ. 

"I broke up with Peter and vanished from your life because I thought I could pretend none of that had ever happened, then maybe I could also pretend my brother was somewhere out there with you. Or at the very least, that I hadn't lost anything at all."

She cleared her throat, she wasn't going to cry.

"Growing up would've been tough with you, but without you... it was agony. Last week I had an argument with one of my friends about jaywalking," she let out a dry laugh, "he dated my brother for some time and he'd told me that P.J. asked him to keep an eye on me. I couldn't stand that."

"Pi had a boyfriend?" MJ asked, momentarily forgetting about her walls. "Like a real one?"

"Yeah," Cat rubbed her eyes. "Harley. I introduced them to each other when I was a teen..."

"And they dated for that long?"

"About half a year before Piet—" she stopped before saying the wrong name. "You know... I have a terrible memory when it comes to street names or my cellphone number, but I remember everything about us. I think about Pi multiple times a day so I don't forget him. If I had known this was going to happen..."

MJ looked down at her feet and then at a wall behind them. "I want to be mad at you."

"That's okay."

"No." MJ pressed. "I wanna do it because if I don't, then I'll like you, and if you disappear a second time I'll get hurt again." She blushed a little. "And I don't want to feel guilty about liking Peter."

"You're already feeling guilty," Cat smiled a little, "it worried you that the only reason he was your friend was that I was nice to you... you wanted to find out if that was true. If you hadn't developed feelings for him, you would've tried to drag me back into the group no matter what, but you couldn't help yourself."

MJ glanced at her. "I tried not to like him."

"I'm sure you did."

"Peter's always been nice to me... he just wouldn't go away..."

"He tends to do that," Cat looked into the girl's eyes. "I broke his heart. It's too late for me, MJ."

"But he still likes you," her old friend tried to sound casual. "I mean, as soon as you showed up he went back to chasing you..."

Cat laughed in spite of herself. "It's his burden."

The girl frowned. "What do you mean?"

"He's been forced to be my escort." She smirked. "But he's only talked about you since I got here."

MJ grimaced. "That must've been super awkward."

"Is it?" Cat shrugged. "Awkward topics have never been a problem for me, anyway."

MJ reached out and shyly squeezed Cat's elbow. "I forgive you."

The agent closed the distance between them, she was taller now, and the girl's head was awkwardly placed on her shoulder, but she didn't push her away.

"Thank you," Cat sighed. "Don't worry about me and Peter, I'm dating someone else now. I'm happy."

"What?" MJ's head moved away from her shoulder. "You said Peter misunderstood you!"

"Back when I spoke to him, yes, but now it's true..." since it was C.C.'s life, she decided someone as silly and harmless deserved a strong and protective boyfriend. 

Matt Murdock was the perfect fit.