The Magic Number.

Cat was cleaning the blood from her hands with the droplets of rain falling on them. The bag with the cures was laying at Peter's feet.

"Everything Spider-man touches comes to ruin. And we, the innocents, are left to pick up the pieces..."

"I've heard enough," she cleaned the blood off her cheek with the back of her hand. "Peter, I found someone before this whole mess started, I think he can help us—"

"Cat, stop," he said hoarsely. "Stop."

"I promised I wouldn't try to fix your life and that's exactly why I'm telling you this." It was useless to try and talk sense into him. Where he was, drowning in grief, Cat couldn't make herself be heard. "Don't do anything yet."

***

When she came back to her apartment, wet from head to toe, Parker was already waiting for her. He was even wearing the mask, ready to vanish at any moment. Cat's mask removed itself as she got closer. 

"Aunt May..." Parker wrapped his arms around her, he didn't ask questions. "I'll take you to him," she said quietly. "I was trying to shelter both of you— I just weakened our chances..."

"What are you talking about?"

"I have... I have to..." a sizzling noise was heard behind them. Outside her window, a portal had been opened. "Strange?"

"Is it magic?" Parker asked in awe, still holding her.

Cat squinted. "Ned?"

"Your friend is a wizard?"

"Peter! Peter!" MJ called. 

"They know about me?"

"No! How on earth..?"

Parker grabbed her and pushed her forward. "Let's go to them."

"What?" She stumbled to the edge of her window.

"Let's go." He pushed her through.

"Woah!" The teenagers jumped back. 

"C.C?!"

Ned's grandmother started screaming, Parker tried to calm her down while Cat approached the teens.

"Since when are you a wizard?!" She asked in shock.

"Who the hell is this guy?" MJ demanded.

"It's okay, I'm a nice guy!" He pulled off his mask and looked at the rest of the group, both hands up to show he meant no harm.

MJ pointed at him. "Who the hell are you?"

"I'm Peter Parker."

"That's impossible."

"I am Spider-man," he breathed. "In my world— but then yesterday... I was... I was just here."

"This has to be because of the magic spell," Ned muttered.

"Magic!" Parker looked at Cat. "I can't believe magic's real!"

The familiarity with which he talked to her didn't go unnoticed by MJ. "You've been hiding him from us?"

"Would you believe me if I tell you this is the first time I see him?" Cat grimaced.

MJ frowned. "He was in your living room!"

"Okay," she replied bluntly. "In my defense when I found him he was a sleep-deprived, starving Spider-man. I didn't think he'd be very useful. No offense, Parker."

"No yeah, you're kinda right," he muttered.

"Prove it."

"Prove what?"