Mysterio.

"What do you mean I can't call Edith?"

"The configurations have been modified."

Cat pinched the bridge of her nose, she got out of the car in a hurry. 

"I can't go to Talos because he's an idiot, I can't call Fury cause by the time he gets here it might be too late," she entered the hotel. "The universe really wants me to team up with Spider-man, huh?"

"You want me to call his personal number?"

"I'll just go to his room."

***

Cat went to Ned's room and knocked on it desperately, the boy opened with a wild look in his eyes.

"What! What?"

"Peter's not in his room," she said. "Did he come back from the mission?"

"Yeah, he was talking to MJ."

Cat left him standing there and went to MJ's room. She knocked loudly again, but no one answered. She kept knocking until Flash came out of the room next door.

"How many times do I gotta remind you I'm strea—"

"Go back to your room before I crack your head open!"

Flash ran back inside, Ned approached her worryingly. 

"C.C. what's going on?"

"It was all fake," she pulled her hair —now its usual color— in distress. "All of it. Mysterio—" she slammed her fist against the door one last time and left it there. "He put thousands of civilians at risk... Peter and all of you at risk! I'm gonna kill him!"

She moved away from MJ's room, a glow of determination in her eyes. Ned tried to stop her. 

"Hang on, C.C!" He followed her to her room, only her laptop was out and she immediately started to type on it furiously. "You were on the news!"

"What?"

"People saw you throwing rocks at that thing!"

Cat pushed the laptop away and rubbed her forehead. "Right... it's okay, Ned. I changed my looks before I went out."

"It looked cool! I mean, you saved the world!"

"I didn't save anything, those monsters were fake," she said patiently, "I just said that, remember?"

"Oh... right," Ned's shoulders fell.

Cat fell back on the bed, her laptop slipping to the floor. One arm went up and covered her eyes. Ned caught the laptop before it crashed and then sat next to her, patting her knee.

"You thought you were helping... it's not your fault."

"It's never my fault," she mumbled, "never the hero's fault, but we're the ones ruining everything... things would be better if we didn't exist."

"C'mon, don't say that," Ned said worryingly. 

She picked on a noise coming from the hall: Two people hurriedly sneaking towards Peter's room. Fearing that it could be Quentin, she sat up on the bed and tried to pay extra attention.

"Hear that?"

Ned frowned. "No?"

"Stay here."

Her mask appeared as soon as she stood, Cat changed her hair back to white and her eyes to purple, and she seized the spear from her belt. Ned followed her from a proper distance, and he made sure there was no one around as she moved toward Peter's room.