Plan C.

"I honestly thought you'd freak out more."

"I was expecting this to happen."

Peter looked up briefly, Cat was flying both of them in the direction of the new headquarters. 

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you know I was against your recruitment," she replied casually, "now you see why." Peter tensed under her grip, she thought of something that could give them an advantage. "Hey, you think you can go from here?"

"What?" Peter's lenses enlarged as he looked down. "Are you going to drop me?"

"No! I'm asking if you can talk to Fury on your own. It just occurred to me, none of us is tracking down Mysterio!"

"Oh my God! You're right! What do we do?"

"Talk to Fury, I'll track down Beck and I'll send you the location and we can take him by surprise, but I gotta go now or we might be at risk of losing him..."

"Yeah okay, I got this— just drop me on top of that train!"

Cat flew down. "Our coms will stop working at some point if I go too far, so don't freak out if you get no response, Fury has other ways to contact me."

"Yeah, that's fine!" He nodded. "Be careful, C."

She flew away without responding, instead, she talked to M.O.U.S.E.

"You said we can't contact Edith, but can you track her?"

"I can try."

"What can we do to find Beck?"

"Mr. Beck's using Stark tech to create his illusions, I can skim through the satellite's data."

"That's perfect."

It took the A.I. less than five minutes to locate Beck's current hideout, the young agent tried to use her earpiece to communicate with Peter but it seemed he was going through a tunnel or already too far from reach.

***

Cat landed on the rooftop of a building that appeared to be still in construction, it looked normal, so she sat on the edge of it. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, focusing on the noises around her. 

A gunshot startled her in such a way that she slipped, barely managing to hold onto the edge. Copycat pulled herself back onto the roof and ran in the same direction the explosions were. 

"They have the east structure surrounded, someone's inside."

"Is it Quentin?"

"I can show you if you want me to."

"What?" She stopped. "Don't ask, do it!"

From the side of her mask, she saw a tiny thing fly out that at first thought was a bug, it vanished in front of her eyes. She heard the tiny thing gaining speed as it flew away. Quickly, a visor formed in front of her eyes. It began to show footage: a boy.

"Peter!" He was supposed to be with Fury! In a second the drones camouflaged with their surroundings and vanished out of sight. "He's trapped! I have to..."

Her sentence sounded resolute at first, but as she moved forward her feet lost all conviction until she was just standing there. If she entered the fight she would be sucked into the illusion and Peter's sixth sense was way faster in its original owner than it was on her. She had to find a different approach.

"Hang in there, Pete," she whispered. 

Looking around and then down at the suit she was wearing, Cat wanted to punch herself in the face. She didn't want to be considered an Avenger and therefore she'd decided not to look like one, but now she was wearing a plain S.H.I.E.L.D suir and had no way to go unnoticed. Still, she hadn't spent three years living in the same ship as a raccoon without learning to be sneaky. She grabbed the gun that was on her thigh and her grappling hook.

"Alright— east structure, here we go."

Cat teleported. The buzzing of a drone caught her attention and she shot at it. When she landed on the roof, she watched as the useless piece of technology fell to the ground a few feet below. The agent shot the grappling hook again at the floor next to her to make sure it was properly stuck in place and then jumped off the roof.

She managed to shoot at another two as she went down, there weren't any people around, but on the other side of the construction, she heard Peter's squeaky voice. Cat stopped her fall two floors before reaching the ground, and pointing her feet ahead, she redirected her whole body so it landed inside the structure. She rolled and quickly got to her feet, running to the other side to see what was happening.

Peter was standing in the middle of the empty lot and he was talking with Quentin. The boy didn't seem to notice the two drones flying on each side of the man. Deciding not to waste precious time, she pointed her gun at one of the drones and shot at it multiple times. Cat lifted her gun to get rid of the other, but before she could, she realized what Quentin had been doing while talking to Peter, and it was already too late.

The train ran over the young boy and she heard herself making some kind of strangled scream, she almost fell off the building a second time, but held onto the pillar as hard as she could, her claws cracking the cement. Quentin looked at her with indifference, he tilted his head and spoke. He wasn't talking to her, but Cat heard it.

"Edith? Access files to Peter Parker's class trip. I need them to fly home from London."

Peter had let valuable information slip. She shook her head— Peter could be dead! In a burst of wrath, she lifted her gun a third time and shot, but she wasn't aiming carefully, Beck was able to run.

"Mouse— jetpack!" 

It activated and she leaped out of the building, there was a terrible pressure in the middle of her chest that she did her best to ignore. Everything would be felt in time, but right now she had to keep her shit together.

"Call Happy Hogan," the young woman demanded, "tell him I need the Santa's secret helper protocol... and tell him..." her voice quivered, so she coughed forcefully.

"Happy's on the line."

"Let him speak to me."

"Cat! Jesus, what the hell is going on—?"

"Happy listen to me very carefully," she closed her fists to stop them from shaking. "I need you to make a quick stop in Wakanda before coming to get me, tell them you're there to pick up Copycat's birthday present. The king's sister will know what you mean, her name's Shuri."

"Are you okay?"

"I will be," she responded vaguely, "as soon as you bring me what I'm asking for."