Desperate Measures.

Billy kissed her hand before sitting on the fancy chair in front of her, she felt goosebumps at the action, there was something about him, even if she wasn't a fan of who he was, that she enjoyed.

"Are we about to have a business meeting?" The man asked with a hint of humor. 

"Yes, so please behave, Mr. Russo."

"Very well, I'm all ears."

Cat's heart was pounding, she'd worked outside S.H.I.E.L.D and away from the Avengers' watchful eye, and she was still acting with good intentions, but in order to do the right thing, she'd have to do the opposite.

"I've been thinking about Spider-man's situation... I heard he's got no support, maybe we can help."

Billy frowned. "And why would we help an Avenger?"

"He's not an Avenger, Billy. He's a boy that messed up and he's desperate to fix it. A boy with no money, just him and his aunt, whether he killed that guy or not, I bet he's willing to do anything to get out of trouble."

The young man pondered her idea, he leaned back on his chair. "On paper is a great opportunity, but I doubt Spider-man will associate with us."

Cat raised a brow feigning innocence. "Rich people do charity all the time. Aren't we the pillars of the community?"

"People like him are taught not to trust us."

"You talk as if you were some kind of boogeyman," she chuckled.

Billy smiled, but it was far from friendly. "Don't play dumb, Kati. It doesn't look good on you."

Cat's expression hardened. "If you leave it to me, I'll make sure he accepts it."

"And you promise he'll do what we ask?"

"He'll have no choice."

Billy reached out to grab her hand, but instead of shaking it, he kissed it again. 

"We have a deal."

"One more thing," she clasped his hand. "Do you know anything about that auction?"

"Ah yes, the auction..." Billy grabbed an agenda and pulled out a small piece of paper. He handed it to her. "That's the next event. But you shouldn't be wasting money right now..."

"Don't worry about it," she winked at him, standing up and blowing a kiss as a goodbye.

***

"Cat!"

"Sorry I was off the grid, I was—"

"Peter got arrested!"

She almost dropped her phone on the sidewalk. "What!" People looked at her, she smiled apologetically and positioned the phone back on her ear. "It's like 10 pm! Why the hell would they arrest him at this hour?!"

"The Department of Damage Control came and took him, he's there all alone and I got calls from Ned's parents and MJ's dad," May's voice quivered."Cat, what do we do?"

Cat entered an alley, she teleported back to her house and searched through her drawers, grabbing some old IDs and her leather jacket. She changed her hair from Katrina's red to her usual brown as well as her eyes, then seized the keys to Steve's old motorcycle.

"Mouse, call Nelson and Murdock."

***

Cat entered the office with a confident step, she had no time to lose. At the front desk was none other than Karen Page.