Date Night.

Cat had gone out intending to patrol the city thinking Peter would be too busy for that, but then a sudden fear waked at the back of her mind: What if she hadn't caught all of Beck's helpers and now they were planning to take Peter and MJ while no one was looking?

She tracked them down (checked Peter's Instagram stories to see if he'd posted anything that day) and watched them for almost three hours. She would've stayed until the date ended but someone had been looking for her as well, and they'd finally found her on the rooftop closest to the cat cafe.

"So it's wrong to date a teenager, but it's okay to stalk him?"

Cat threw her spear and Daredevil caught it with a smirk.

"Matthew, you fucking idiot," she walked up to him to retrieve her weapon. "I could've killed you! What were you thinking, approaching me like that while I'm looking the other way?"

Matthew laughed, he let her grab the spear but when she tried to take it, he held it tighter.

"What?" She asked.

"Is your suit different?"

She looked down at the white and blue fabric. "How did ya know?"

"Are you wearing a cape?"

"It's a shield and a glider, actually," she pointed out. "It's pretty cool, wish you could see it."

He raised his hand and brushed his fingertips against the hood, he smirked. "Are those cat ears?"

"I wasn't ready for a drastic change."

Matthew's smile grew. "You're in a good mood for someone who's been watching her ex-boyfriend date someone else."

"Okay, first of all, I've had time for introspection and now I'm over him. Second, how the fuck do you know I'm watching over my ex-boyfriend?"

"I can hear two teenagers talking and they've mentioned you at least twice. Something about how cool you are..."

"Awww," Cat looked back at the cafe with a soft smile. "They're so sweet."

"I guess there's no point in asking how the mission went? I heard in the news you made your debut as an Avenger."

"Yeah, and I made peace with Spider-man."

"So everything's back to normal?"

Cat stopped to think about her answer, she crossed her arms. "I don't know what you mean by normal... My high school friends are still five years younger than me, my brother's still dead, everyone knows Copycat... and I quit S.H.I.E.L.D."

Matthew's voice lost its playfulness. "What?"

She explained that her old friend had gotten involved by accident thanks to S.H.I.E.L.D's lax security and she didn't want to work in such a place. Now she was making sure her friends were protected.

"You've been here for hours, Cat."

"So? Someone could try to hurt them as they leave..."

"I trained you well," he replied sternly. "You would know by now if someone were following them. You're being paranoid."

"I'm not."

"Stop torturing yourself."

"What? I'm not— I'm just looking after my friends!"

"The ones that are having a normal date while you sit here in the cold?"

"You make it sound way worse than it is..." Cat pouted, she avoided looking at him. "Fine. I wanted to look after them, but I also wanted to watch. It's been so long since I had a real date... If it can't be me, I'm happy witnessing one from afar."