Intermission.

Cat woke up in a bad mood. She dragged herself out of bed and went to the living room, Happy was sleeping soundly.

Cat nudged his shoulder. "Wake up, man, that sound's driving me nuts."

Happy pulled off the mask drowsily. "I need this to sleep or I could die..."

"Yeah, yeah, go take a shower— I'll make breakfast for the three of us."

Happy pushed himself up muttering things. Someone knocked on her door. 

"This is the third time in a week you come over and I don't know why you keep doing it, you know Happy doesn't like you." Matthew entered and placed his coat on the hanger, he closed the door. "Maybe I should stay at your place?" Cat suggested. A slight shift in his position let her know she had his attention. "No comment? Okay. I'll move in with my handsome, age-appropriate friend, and hope no sparks ignite while we—"

An arm wrapped around her waist, Matthew finally spoke. "I can't shut you up in the way you want me to," he kissed her forehead. "If you want to move in with me for a while, I don't mind it."

"You're weird," she teased. "A bachelor should take advantage of his freedom, instead of visiting one of his girlfriends every day."

"I don't come here every day, I just had a lot of free time this week," he retorted. "Are you taking Happy to the cemetery today?"

"Yup— and I'm meeting a friend in Jersey."

Matt raised a brow. "You won't be home?"

"I'll be back before midnight," she placed her chin on his shoulder. "Can I sleep at your place starting tonight, then?"

Matthew squeezed her waist a little. "As long as you don't give me trouble with my other girlfriends."

"Not like you'll babysit me, you ass." She scoffed.

He chuckled. "Alright, you can stay."

"Thank you!" She walked up to the stove. "That machine Happy uses is driving me crazy! And I know he hates the couch..." Felix jumped to the breakfast bar and he looked at Matt with the most pitiful eyes she'd seen. "He's asking for kisses."

Matthew reached out and the pet rushed to bump his little head against his knuckles. The man laughed. "This is how you ask me for kisses, too."

Cat threw the kitchen towel at him, Matthew dodged it, laughing a little louder. "Ass! It's been what, a month? And you're already disrespecting me..."

"It's you who keeps joking about all my girlfriends!" He smirked.

 "Well, you haven't shown any interest in making things serious. We haven't been on a date at all."

Matt frowned. "Haven't we?" He tilted his head, and the hand that had been scratching Felix froze as he tried to remember. "I could've sworn we went out one night after patrolling..."

Cat's memory flashed some images, she kind of remembered she was... she was watching over... "Well, whatever that was, it wasn't that good if none of us remembers, right?"

Matthew grinned. "Maybe we just got too wasted."

"Maybe..." but Cat knew she couldn't get drunk at all.

Matthew rolled up his sleeves to wash his hands before helping. Cat looked at his forearms, she moved closer, and gently pulled his face to the side, he stopped what he was doing and lowered his face to kiss her.

"Eggs or waffles?" She mumbled against his lips.

"Your choice," he replied, moving a little and kissing her jawline. "Coffee or juice?"