A Bunch of "Ifs".

"Are you home?"

"Yeah, just got here."

"You busy?"

Cat hung her jacket next to the door and made her way to the living room. "What's going on, Pete?"

He took a deep breath. "We didn't get in."

"What? None of you?"

"No."

"What the fuck?" She scoffed. "That has to be illegal!"

"It's my fault, Cat..."

"No, of course it isn't..." she checked her watch. "Let's have lunch together, yes? My treat."

"You're broke, C."

"So what? You're broke too."

He let out a breathy chuckle. "I'll be there in twenty."

***

When Peter arrived he was carrying a pint of ice cream, it was their favorite.

"Come, tough guy..."

"Can I say something mean?"

"As long as it's not about me," she joked.

"It kinda is..."

"You hate Beck and you're glad I killed him?" She tried not to smile.

"Oh God, it sounds terrible... I'm so glad you said it."

Cat chuckled. "Anytime, buddy. Where's Ned?"

"He went to his place to tell his parents."

"MJ's still at work?" He nodded. "Here," she handed him a plate. "Enjoy."

Peter looked down at the sandwich in front of him. He laughed. "You remember!"

"You remembered the ice cream," she pointed out. "My friend Harley bought me a sandwich once— it fucking sucked. I was glad to discover not every sandwich was good, it meant ours were special. It's something silly but—"

"I don't think it's silly."

"Well, you're the same age I was then..."

"Ouch?"

"Eat your sandwich, boy."

Peter took a bite, he looked so young and innocent, Cat wanted to storm into the MIT and set it on fire. Tony had donated scholarships for the whole student body, and now they had the audacity to reject his best trainee!

"Tell you what. Fuck MIT, we'll find something better."

Peter swallowed the food and frowned. "Better than MIT?"

"Don't say it like that," she flicked his forehead. "But we'll worry about that later, today we eat sandwiches and ice cream, and I'll even sing karaoke with you. Let's forget about the world... until MJ's free and takes over."

Peter cleaned his mouth. "I'm here to ask you a favor, actually."

"Oh," she didn't know why Peter thinking of her as a resource instead of a shoulder to cry on disappointed her. "Yeah, sure. Tell me."

"Mysterio tricked us because he pretended to be from another reality, right?"

"Right."

"Well that might not be real, but magic is— actual magic," he leaned forward. "Why don't we use what Mysterio pretended to have?"

She tilted her head. "You wanna visit Strange?"

"Can you take me to him?"

"Why me? I know don't know him any better than you do."