Desperate Times.

"GET OUT OF THE WAY!" 

"Hey, that's Copycat!"

"I thought she was an Avenger!"

"She should get arrested!"

A sudden moment of brilliance came to her, she knew the exact location of Peter's house! Pietro had lived there for the majority of two years! She stopped running and teleported right outside his apartment.  

MJ almost crashed into her, she pulled her into the home and slammed the door shut behind Copy, not even a bit surprised to see her there. Happy, May, and Peter were all agitated.

"The windows! The windows!" MJ urged her.

May was arguing with Peter, who for some reason was half naked, while Happy was walking around looking a little lost. "Cat," he blinked once he noticed her presence. "What are you doing here? Why are you wearing your suit?"

Peter stared at her with wide eyes and wildly gesticulated to keep her mouth shut.

"What's that sound?" Happy asked. 

She could hear the crowd gathering outside, screaming at them to get out. Cat and Peter shared a quick look before closing the windows and curtains, there was incessant knocking at the door but they decided to ignore it for the time being.

The adults' phones began to ring, a helicopter was now at the scene, and Cat clumsily teleported to turn off the tv, but it was too late, Happy and May had seen it. Peter walked up to the window defeatedly and lifted the curtain. Everyone approached to look outside except for Copycat.

Peter stared at all of them with a pleading look in his eyes. "I mean, maybe it's not such a big deal..."

"Yeah, alright," Cat's voice sounded heavily sarcastic. "Everyone knew who Iron Man was and Tony's life was just perfect!"

"Well, actually, he didn't have such a bad time!" Peter argued. 

"He was rich!" She exclaimed. "Do you happen to have three million dollars to get us out of this?!"

"Stop talking!" MJ was just as anxious.

"Okay, everyone let's sit down and think!" May closed the curtain and guided the whole group back to the living room. "Everyone knows, but why are they angry?

"They think we killed Mysterio," she explained.

"What! Why?"

"They made it look like Cat and I planned the whole thing."

"But you didn't kill him!"

Cat and Peter shared a look. "I mean... I might've shot him one time too many."

"But it was self-defense, right?"

Her voice was sarcastic again. "Yeah, sure! Yeah, it was... defense for sure..."

"That's not the point!" Peter distracted them from the horrible fact. "What are we going to do? You quit S.H.I.E.L.D so they're not gonna help us—"

"They should! I was working for them when this whole thing happened!"

"Yeah, but they didn't tell you to kill Beck, right?" MJ said. "They can't lie and say they asked you to, people think he was a good dude, they won't buy it."

Cat couldn't believe how unfair this was. She'd fought in Sokovia! She was there when Vision was created, and when the accords had been signed, but Beck's name was on S.H.I.E.L.D's records, and she as far as the world knew, she'd never existed until now. 

The organization had Mysterio as an out-of-this-world martyr, Agent Zero's file, on the other hand, talked about her vigilante life and her violent methods to keep the city clean and under control. She'd been looking for items stolen from the ruins of the compound. Those items could've easily been Stark drones.