Chapter 20

"Dont mention it. It was a pleasure."

That night Gulf fell effortlessly asleep.
---

Gulf woke up to the best next two weeks of his life.

He thought everything would continue to flow easily like clear water down a stream.

However, he was sorely wrong.

He had ran, but that didn't mean he could escape.

Gulf had followed his boss into the meeting room, not thinking twice. He felt the hair rise on his entire body, but he continued to look down busy with the papers in his hands to notice the imposing figure only inches away.

When he finally looked up, everything in his mind came crashing down. Those piercing eyes cut right through his heart. He was speechless, and he had to put in a physical effort to stop his mouth from hanging open.

Steeling his features, he looked right back at him feigning ignorance.

"Mr. Suppasit, this is the sales team that will be working on the collaboration between our companies."

Gulf's boss shook Mew's hands first welcoming him in.

Gulf felt like the his whole world began to blur. He felt Mews shadow in front of him before he even saw it.

"Mr. Gulf...." called out his boss.

With steady hands Gulf extended his arm towards Mew and shook it confidently. Looking him square in the face without blinking.

Mew held on his arm longer than needed, and Gulf had to tug on his arm for Mew to finally let him go. Gulf felt his face warm up, and that made Mew break out into a grin. Which caused a scowl to settle into Gulf's features.

It was one thing seeing Mew and quite another  thing having to work with him. Gulf could feel Mew's gaze on him the whole day. 

When the day finally ended, and in fear of being followed, Gulf made his way home using a different route. Looking behind him every step of the way. He had made sure no one was after him, before heading over to the nursery.

He was in such a rush, Kao had to stop him and take his aside to ask him what was wrong.

" I'm just worried. Nothing to worry yourself about." Gulf answered his eyes darting around nervously.

Kao put his hands on Gulfs shoulders to stop his jittery nerves. " I'll walk you home."

" No!......no..." Gulf shakes his head his eyes jittering left and right. " No need to bother yourself."

"I'll just tag along, for my own comfort. I can't let you go back looking like that."

Those words finally stop Gulf's trembling limbs. "Thank you." He whispers.

Kao pat's him on the back reassuringly and they both make their way towards Gulf's apartment, Kin in tow.

Gulf feels calm as he finally turns the key and steps into the comfort and safety of his home.

Taking in one final calming breath and letting it out, he walks straight out into the hallways.

He feels his hair stand on end again, and he's immediately anxious again. He puts down Kin and slowly makes his way towards the living room, he spots Mew lounging on his sofa enjoying a beer.

"Hello, Gulf."

Gulf just states at him blankly.

After a couple of minutes of complete silence Mew sighs visibly. " It's good to see you too....."

"What do you want?" Asks Gulf.

"The truth." Says Mew as his eyes catch on the little tiny figure hovering behind Gulf.

A tiny figure that looks a lot like himself. Gulf notices Mew's line of sight, and quickly losses all sense of reason.

" Get out of my house!"

" Now wait a minute..." Mew tries to reason.

"Leave! Now!" Shouts Gulf refusing to listen to anything Mew is saying.

"Gulf...." Mew pleads.

"GET...OUT!!!".

Mew can both sense and see the death stare Gulf was giving him. There was no point in speaking now.

Gulf would not listen.

Mew had left that day with a longing backward glance at his child.

He could never forget those eyes, and he would never let him go. He would never let either of them go.

Never again!