Chapter 4: Date?

Gulf was playing on his phone when Mew approached him.

"Hey!" Spoke Mew. But his greeting fell on deaf ears as Gulf was too busy playing his game. Mew just stood there watching Gulf as he focused intently on his game...completely unaware of his surrounding.

It was luck that Mew had found him alone at exactly the perfect moment. The man his mother had hired was following him. This would be the perfect moment. Mew slid on the stool next to Gulf and waited.

"Sorry....I was just so into the game-" began Gulf but just as he lifted his head and saw Mew staring at him and not one of his friends. "......Mew?" Gulf questioned surprised.

Mew could tell Gulf wasnt aware it was him by his causal way of speech, not to mention his shocked face.

"I tried calling out to you but you were so immersed into the game you didn't even notice.

"Oh...." mouthed Gulf. "Sorry."

"No problem. It looked like you were having fun."

"Yes....I....was." replied Gulf awkwardly. Gulf's curt answer was met with silence. " So why have you come here? Your campus is all the way across mine." Gulf pointed out.

" Yes...well....I'm having a bit of a problem. 2 o'clock on my left."

Gulf attempted to turn his head to see, before Mew clamped onto his face with both palms. "Don't make it too obvious." Mew warned.

Gulf gulped before murmuring an "ok."

Mew let go of him, and even as Gulf's mind reeled at the contact he was able to spot the guy.

" So what do you want me to do?" Asked Gulf looking back at Mew.

"Let's go. We're going on a date."

" A...a...date?" Croacked Gulf.

"Gulf....we already made a deal...don't go freaking out on me now. We're just going to hang out so he can spot us."

"Right.....ok." conceded Gulf.

They made their way across campus and into Mew's car. Gulf didn't even know where they were going, but he just sat there silently as Mew drove.

Mew switched off the engine, and turned to gulf. " Don't leave the car." He told Gulf as he walked out and around the car to open the door for him.

Gulf stepped out and murmured a quick thank you as Mew led him to the restaurant.

It was fancy.....really fancy....and Gulf hated it instantly.

Being rich didn't mean he had to visit such establishments. Gulf preferred hearty warm meals. But he was hired to play the role of Mew's boyfriend and so had to go along with Mew's wishes.

Mew held the seat for him and he sat down.

They both looked over the menu. Gulf scanned it quickly and finding nothing of interest on the menu, settled on watching the man that had followed them over the rim of the menu.

The waiter had come to take their orders and Gulf had settled for the waiter's recommendation. Their drinks were brought over, and while Mew sipped on his red wine, Gulf took a small gulp of water...swirling it in his mouth as he looked solemnly out the window.

Gulf picked at his food only eating a couple spoonfuls of the heavy oily meal. While Mew enjoyed his sashimi.

"You should try one." Said Mew as he placed a peice of raw salmon on his plate.

" Yeah...ok.....thank you." Gulf attempted taking the smallest bite of salmon before setting the rest of it down on his relatively full plate.

" So what are your hobbies?" Asked Mew.

"Umm....I like playing games."

"Anything else?"

" ........I really like soccer too."

"Really?" Asked Mew intrigued. Gulf looked nothing like a soccer player.

" Are you on the college team?"

"Yeah."

He was on the team? Really? Gulf?!

Mew couldnt believe it. He sure had to see that for himself.

"What about yours?" Asked Gulf.

"My what?"

"Hobbies."

" I suppose I like...studying."

" You....do?" And Gulf couldnt help laughing. His mouth broke open into the most stunning smile. It was as if his whole face had transformed with that one smile. Mew just sat there basking in the warmth of Gulf's mirth.

Gulf coughed trying to calm himself down.  "Sorry." He apologized his eyes twinkling. " So any other hobbies?" He teased.

"Yeah....I love music and singing."

The conversation carried on, mostly by Mew's constant questions. Time passed by quickly, and Mew couldn't deny having fun. Mew had also noticed how Gulf had touched almost nothing from the food on his plate.

Did Gulf not like the food? He jotted the thought in his mind. He would ask him next time where he would like to eat.

Mew pulled out his wallet to pay for the meal when Gulf also pulled out his own.

" I'll pay for it." Said Mew.

" No it's okay. I'll pay for my meal."

"No." Stressed out Mew as he held Gulf's hand back.

Gulf didn't want to make a scene and simply let Mew pay for his meal.

~
~
~

A/N: Omg I just saw Mewgulf looking gorgeous AF in Kazz awards and can we just take a moment and appreciate how waanjai completely stole all the fan seats for the event? 😂

And Gulf be spilling tea left and right.....with the "because we're a couple.....I mean we're Mewgulf."

Yeah we know 🤡.....just your causal "Phinong" couple.......nothing to see here🤡

Since Mewgulf have charged me up on energy I'm gonna be uploading another chapter.~

See you soon. 😆